Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Wearing white as a guest to the bridal shower?

Not a bride here (have a knot account from when I helped my cousin plan her wedding), but I thought you lovely ladies could help me.

I'm invited to my partner's brother's fiance's bridal shower. She's having a tropical themed shower. Is it innaproriate for me to wear a white dress? I don't want to seem attention grabby, but it's a nice dress and I thought it was appropriate for the theme. Any advice appreciated! Thanks!!!!

Re: Wearing white as a guest to the bridal shower?

• Options
    hoffsehoffse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what others will say, but white to a shower doesn't bother me, particularly if you dress it up with some colored jewelry or cute colored shoes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mcskatcatmcskatcat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I personally were the bride I wouldn't care, but in the event the bride is a little on the bridezilla side I'd choose to wear something else. 
  • Options
    jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shouldn't be a huge deal, I would do it and wear some colorful accessories!
  • Options
    LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know the bride better than us... a bridezilla might get upset. A regular bride wouldn't care.

I didn't even wear white to my own shower =) I think my Aunt did now that I think about it... didn't even really notice the day of lol.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I think I'll go ahead and wear it. I have a bright flower I'm pinning in my hair & a pretty bold necklace, so the feel is definitely tropical and not at all what I'd consider is her bridal style.
  • Options
    aebartshaebartsh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I doubt I would even notice.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's fine
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board