Outdoor Weddings
Options

Bridesmaid Question

Are 10 girls too many for a bridal party?

Re: Bridesmaid Question

• Options
    If you want 10, then have 10.  There is no set rule to this.

• Options

For me 10 is way to many but it is a personal choice. When I worked in a bridal boutique the bigger the bridal party the more personalities the bride had to deal with which ended up stressing the bride or causing her to get very upset when something wouldn't go as plan. For me when there is a huge number of bridesmaids and groomsmen in a bright color like watermelon pink or a bright orange they become a distraction and it is hard to stay focused on the ceremony.

• Options
    I looked up this question and the rule I found in a few different places was 1 attendant on each side (bride and groom) for every 35-50 guests, just to keep things from looking unbalanced. In my own case, FI and I both wanted 3 attendants each, but then realized how silly that would look with a gathering of only about 35 people in attendance. 8 people in the front with only about 4x that many in the crowd...seemed like it would look funny. But that is just my taste. We wound up just having 1 attendant each. It also makes things easier for guests who would have been our attendants but now don't have to buy an expensive outfit, etc.We just told them that we really wanted to have them as attendants but didn't want the ceremony to look weird and unbalanced, so would they like to take part in another way, like doing a reading or something--something that didn't require an expensive new outfit? They seemed pretty happy with the idea. Meh, to each their own, just my $.02 / what we decided on.
    What has four thumbs and is totally stoked about getting married? These people!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Have as many as you want because it's your day. But in my opinion, the fewer the better. I consider it a special honor to be in the bridal party. I chose to have my two sisters, and my two best friends that I've had for many years in my bridal party. It's a personal choice, who is most important to you? I really wanted to share this time with only those very close to me, those I consider family. We have about 100 guests, and my fiance has 4 groomsmen to match my 4 bridesmaids. Good luck.
  • Options

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding with 8 and felt it was way too many.  It was terrible to plan anything with that many schedules and opinions.  The bride tells me now that it was too many and she wished she had had less.  To slim down my list I went with family (sister-in-law, and a cousin or two) only that way no one gets upset when you tell them they're not in.  Just something to keep in mind, go with your gut it’s usually right.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards