September 2013 Weddings

Cake Check!

FI and I finally decided on the look for our cake last night.  We have a consult and tatsting appointment tomorrow morning. 

Our theme is fall.  Our colors are cranberry and pumpkin pie and our centerpieces have floating cranberries and candles, so the cake fits perfectly! We will probably do a smaller, maybe 2-3 tier, cake and then sheet cake for the rest.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
September 2013 Siggy ~Hair Inspiration~

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cake Check!

• That cake is BEAUTIFUL! Cake is the one thing I was not into when I first started planning, and now I'm really excited about it.
  • Thanks :) I love the textured look of the buttercream.  It looks looks super pretty, but rustic enough that I am not affraid to eat it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Love this! I really like the texture of it too. It looks like it's part of the tree almost!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's super pretty. I'm not real excited about picking a cake because I have Celiac disease and won't be able to eat the cake anyway =( Still trying to figure out how to deal with that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BecomingZ is there another type of flour you can use?  Maybe there are options, what about some pies or cheesecake?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_cake-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:62048422-cf09-4b81-b0e1-db90076046a4Post:75643f64-76db-4075-b7ec-d7420e98586c">Re: Cake Check!</a>:
    [QUOTE]BecomingZ is there another type of flour you can use?  Maybe there are options, what about some pies or cheesecake?
    Posted by Tkortier[/QUOTE]

Surely, I could make my own but there are NO gluten free bakeries in my area. I did find someone who makes Gluten Free cupcakes but not cakes. We've decided that we are doing cupcakes anyway (easier cleanup) so I'll just get a few GF ones for my Mom and I. It's better than not having anything!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Cake Check!:[QUOTE]It's super pretty. I'm not real excited about picking a cake because I have Celiac disease and won't be able to eat the cake anyway Still trying to figure out how to deal with that. Posted by BecomingZ13[/QUOTE]

There are bakers who can make gluten free wedding cake. Look around I tasted a few at the wedding show I went to late last year they tasted amazing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards