Registry and Gift Forum
Options

what are musts?

I have started our registry & we are starting from nothing. We are moving into a house with nothing but a bed & table. I do not know what all is a must to add to the registry because I feel as though everything is a must. What are some good ideas of things not to forget to add. I know pots & pans, vacuum cleaner, bedding, but I just need ideas.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: what are musts?

• Options
    2-3 sets of sheets, at least 4 sets of towels, kitchen towels, small kitchen appliances (crock pot, blender), dishes (8 settings), cooing utensils, pictures frames (you might want to display some of those wedding photos), iron.  That's all that I can think of this early but I'm pretty sure there's a sticky post at the top that can also help you out.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Bed, Bath, and Beyond has a very comprehensive list on their site that you can look at and decide what you think you need and what you don't from it.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_musts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:eaa3a777-1352-41d5-8b08-40c15c224d5bPost:1fc8c1ab-6a12-44ca-8071-3c11d1cd6165">Re: what are musts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bed, Bath, and Beyond has a very comprehensive list on their site that you can look at and decide what you think you need and what you don't from it.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Yes they do, and here it is:
    <a href="http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/regchecklist.asp" rel='nofollow'>http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/regchecklist.asp</a>
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Thank you so much. It was way to early & now that I saw that checklist, I'm sure I could have googled it. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dishtowels - you can never have too many :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My Keurig :)  that is my must!
  • Options
    Thanks to those who mentioned kitchen/dish towels! I completely forgot about those!!

Other ideas: blender, KitchenAid Mixer, rice cooker, baking sheets, soap dispensers, luggage, chip n dip tray, bath rugs. I'm sure the checklist will have you covered :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Laundry Basket, Wastebasket for Kitchen & Bathroom, Curtain or blinds if you don't have any!, Toothbrush holders, etc., Pillows. I would make sure you get the necessities before you get the decorative things.
  • Options
    Luggage is another good thing to have!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    doeie04doeie04 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    This is kinda odd, but very handy if you need it. A plunger!!! It is one of those things you forget about it until you run into a problem. ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    From someone who has been living in sin for years, with the true basics: 

-sandwich press (so great for when you don't really feel like cooking)
    -espresso machine or single-serving coffee machine
    -toaster (oven, if you have the room)
    -full set of glass bowls (mixing and prep)
    -basic cookware (note: non-stick does NOT last forever)
    -tall pint glasses (can be used for lemonades and teas as well)
    -stemless wine glasses (can double as water or juice glasses) 
    -iPod/iPhone dock/ stereo/ clock
    -full set of towels, dish towels, simple shower curtain
    -bath rugs, rugs for your entry/bedroom
    -dishes that can be dressed up and used for every day like the Great White collection from PB or the white dinnerware at Williams-Sonoma
    - 2-3 sets of sheets, a good down duvet, pillows
    -two bedside tables and two table lamps
    -flat screen (you never know, someone may get it for you!) 
    -ottomans that double as storage cubes/trays
    -a sofa, good chair, and a good floor lamp
    -a low media console cabinet (less expensive and more contemporary than a giant wall unit)
    -simple flatware 
    -a good set of knives and a few inexpensive cutting boards
    -few comprehensive cookbooks

I wouldn't register for decor stuff... Just register for all of the basics (can't go wrong with white, it's so fresh), since you'll probably want to paint and you can buy great stuff here and there on sale yourselves. Two stores to check are Anthropologie and CB2... they have great sales (Anthro more so, in store). 

If you do want SOME decor, you'll get the most bang for your buck with three LARGE prints/artwork (bedroom, dining area, living room), a flower vase (for the kitchen or table), a bright colored throw (for over the couch) and 2-3 coffee table books (you can place on the ottoman/tray or coffee table). 

"I liked it, so I put a ring on it" - future Mr. Box
  • Options
    nonamaenonamae member
    First Comment
    all of this was great & thanks to you all I now have a full gift registry with everything I could think of.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards