May 2013 Weddings

Crisis of color!!

Ok, this may seem like a silly thing to stress over, but I'm in the middle of potentially changing my wedding colors.

Right now, we've been using black, white and coral as our colors. I love coral and it being a little bit different, but I'm seriously starting to rethink it. My favorite color is red. Hands down. I'm surrounded by it every day at work, it is the color of my alma mater, I love wearing it, and my fiance is open to changing it.

The only thing I'm stressed about is I've already printed our STDs, which are in the original coral color, and they are already in the envelopes (but not sealed). It wouldn't take much effort at all to reprint (I have a VP groupon) and make a few website updates...

I guess I just need some reassurance that I'm doing the right thing??

Wedding Countdown Ticker
December Signature: Holiday Favorites imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Crisis of color!!

• Go ahead and change it! We added green to our purple and ivory just a few weeks ago. I don't even think it's that big of a deal if the STDs aren't the right color, but if it makes you feel better, go ahead and change them as well! I would be more worried if you already had yir invitations or something made
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • STDs aren't really a big deal, everyone look to the invite to see what colors you are incorporating in your wedding. Red is one of our colors, what other color(s) will you have with it?
  • I agree. Go ahead and add the red! I had to modify my colors to inclue other shades because some things just aren't available in exactly our colors. Feel free to adapt! Go for it!
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Go for the red! I wouldn't worry about the STDs though. Ours have nothing to do with our wedding colors, they were just really cute.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks, Ladies!

I think the biggest reason I'm considering reprinting the STDs is because the only colors on it right now are black, white and coral -- and I'd like to feature the red instead of the coral.

I am so thankful for the support of my fellow May girls!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    December Signature: Holiday Favorites imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Aww, I'll be sad to lose a coral sister, but if red is such an important color to you, I also agree that you should change it.
  • TBH, if I was not currently planning a wedding, I would never notice if the STDs/invites/wedding colors were all the same. I would go ahead and switch since it seems you really like red!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards