Virginia-Richmond

Spray tanning

Hey girls,I've never spray tanned before, but I'm getting married in November and I think it'll be necessary (or at least will look better).  Do you all have any places you recommend, or places I should avoid?  Any tips?  Thanks so much!

Re: Spray tanning

• edited December 2011
    I would definitely test it out first! I went to Atlantic Tanning in Carytown and they did a fine job but I really did not like how it looked on me. You can only choose between 3 levels, they don't give you actual colors to choose from. i think I did level 2 and i felt like i looked more orange/bronze then I do when i tan naturally. if you are going to test it out I would go first thing in the morning after showering. Don't put on any makeup or lotion or use shower gel before you go. I guess this clogs your pores so the spray tan won't absorb evenly. Also don't go if it is raining. When you get there do not skimp on the cream they tell you to put on your cuticles. I did not put enough on (you should use like a giant dollop so it doesn't absorb) and my cuticle looked dirty brown for a few days. Also you are not supposed to shower for like 12 hours after you do it. And, when you walk out you will not be able to tell you did the spray tan. it takes a few hours to show up. call in advance to see if they have any other rules about what you should or should not do.
  • MKD917MKD917 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't do it you'll look orange in your photos. Stay your true color.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards