Rhode Island

Password Protected Wedding Website?

Hey ladies!  We want to setup a wedding info website for our guests, however, I want to keep the exact details secret & not for all the world to see.  Does anyone know of a site we can create that requires a password to enter?

Re: Password Protected Wedding Website?

• edited December 2011
    Hi! Most websites allow it...we have ours through Wedding Wire and there was an option...there defintiely is for The Knot and WeddingChannel too. You'll see the option to do so during the setup.
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• edited December 2011
    Oh perfect!  Thank you!  Do you like the WeddingWire sites the best?  
  • edited December 2011
    I thought there were a lot more designs to choose from...I know it's just a wedding website but I was so picky about how it looks and I'm still not happy with it but needed to make a decision. The Knot has some fine designs depending on your colors and themes. Just google "free wedding websites" and you'll get tons of results...if you want your paper to match your invites, Wedding Paper Divas offers matching designs :)
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• edited December 2011
    Thanks, you rock!  :) 
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I use weddingwire too! They have tons of template options and the ease of navigation makes it easy to create a website. We didn't use the private option though.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!  YES!  We definitely password protected our site (i did mine through the knot).  We left a "clue" in our first page on the site (the first page you see when you enter the URL, without specific details) so that our guests wouldn't be thrown off. Anyone who knows our story will be able to get on the website.   We also included our password with our Save the dates and our invitations (or we will, when we send them out).

I just recommend something easy that your friends and family can type in quickly and simply... but something that strangers (or crazy exes) won't be able to deduce from knowing your names or your hometowns.

Good luck :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, girls!  @Jade Crazy Exes are exactly what I'm worried about!
  • edited December 2011
    IB -- me too!
  • edited December 2011
    Good idea, I hadn't thought of this...I recently changed my phone number, moved an hour away, use a different email address and blocked my ex on facebook, but he still tracked my sister down and somehow knew about my engagement....we want to put an announcement in the paper (my grandmother does) but want to be vague about the time and place just in case...I will ask FI tonight how to put a password on our website!

It really is tough to get on with your life when your exes from long ago try to contact you...even the ones who are allegedly "happy" with their lives!!!

I guess it's true that some people don't know what they've got 'til it's gone, huh?
    September 2011 November Siggy Challenge - Ceremony Location imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Jess--My mother made us do a formal announcement in the local paper, which comes up on Page 6 of Google when you search my name.  I've been thinking about asking the paper to remove it.  Maybe that's how your X found out.  
  • edited December 2011
    We haven't put the announcement in yet - Westerly is a small town and I'm sure a friend of a friend mentioned it to him... he actually went to school with my uncle so we have many mutual acquantances.

I don't care that he knows I'm getting married, I just don't want him to know when or where. I think we will just put "A fall 2011 wedding is planned".

Our website on the other hand  says the date, time, the venue, and the hotel we blocked off, and I totally don't need any surprise visitors...
    September 2011 November Siggy Challenge - Ceremony Location imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a blog and wedding website that pretty much chronicles the whole wedding experience as well as the details of our big day. My FI's ex follows it religiously but I don't care. She lives too far to do anything. And while she has never been happy with the news of our nuptials and has said some pretty awful things about me and my FI to mutual friends and family, I have always responded with killing her with kindness. I found that the best revenge is to show her how happy we are together.
  • edited December 2011
    This post caused a nightmare, lol...I had a dream I was opening my own business (selling Christmas Tree ornaments?) and my ex came and burned it down. Creepy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards