Michigan-Grand Rapids

How much did you pay for flowers?

I'm starting to get quotes from florists, and I have no idea what a good price is.  I had a consultation this weekend and the price was about $600 for my bouquet, a toss bouquet, 3 BM bouquets, 1 MOB & 1 MOG corsages, 1 MOC corsage, 2 Grandmother corsages, 1 head wreath for the FG, 1 corsage for my stepniece (not in the wedding party technically, but she has a special role in my life in general), FI's bout, 3 GM bouts, 1 Ringbearer bout, 1 FOB & 1 FOG bout, 1 Grandfather bout & 1 MOC bout.  With ceremony decor it's about $750, including delivery and set up.  Is this a good price?  People that I've told seemed to think it was high, but they haven't planned a wedding in a while.  I wasn't shocked when I was given the quote.

I have appointments with two other florists this week, but I'd like to get an idea of what other people paid so I know what a "good" price is.

Re: How much did you pay for flowers?

• shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What types of flowers are you using/were included in that quote?  That makes a big difference.

I know what our total flower bill was, but am not sure of the breakdown just for personal flowers...I will check tonight and let you know!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• kelle017kelle017 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's pretty reasonable compared to research I've done.  I don't have formal quotes, but I've checked local florists websites and added potential costs up, and that seems reasonable, but I guess it does depend on flower type etc...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • monkey0919monkey0919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a florist in Holland.  I told her I needed bouquets for myself and my 2 bridesmaids and 9 boutteniers.  I told her I didn't want to spend more than $150 and asked if she could make it work.  She said yes.  I told her I just wanted local, fall flowers in bright colors and I left the rest to her.  Everything came out beautifully and I got so many compliments on my bouquet.
  • edited December 2011
    im paying about the same price and that included delivery and pickup of some rentals......
  • edited December 2011
    It always depends on the blooms you want.  A wedding of carnations will definitely be cheaper than one with all ranunculus.  I'm paying that much for my flowers.  I freaked out at first because that was a lot of money for flowers to me but oh well.  Compared to other quotes I've received that was definitely a good price for what I wanted. 

Shrades and I both used/am using Dee from Elements of Elegance. 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whoa. That's a lot of flowers! haha. :)  We paid just a little over $150?  I think?  That was for my bouquet, 3 BM's, and 3 corsages. 
  • mandamariealmandamarieal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For everything you are getting, you did a good job, it's the going rate!

I paid $550 for My bouquet, 4 BM'S, 8 corsages, 2 bout's, some loose flowers for us to use at our leisure and my toss bouquet was free
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker mommy on training wheels
  • whiteybearwhiteybear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Bloomin Shoppe- Otsego, MI

I'm paying about $800 for my bouquet, 4 bout's, 2 corsages, and enough loose flowers for 8 table centerpieces this is also including having a rental company come in and do a fabric draping for a canopy over the dance floor with toole.  My bouquet alone takes up about $150 of that price (it's numerous hot pink spray roses, green buttons, and the shimmer sticks as well) our flowers for the centerpieces are hot pink stargazer lilies, green buttons, and curly willow sticks.  I think all in all that's a pretty good price for all of the flowers and the fabric and draping portion as well.
    Off Ortho Evra Birth Control Patch-Feb. 2011 Began TTC March 2011 8/30/11- U/S results normal,structural appearance normal, possibly partial sub-septate uterus???? Sept 2011 CD 20 Check- Progesterone normal/indicates ovulation at a 12 9/14/11 CD 3 blood work- Estrogen Normal-35 FSH levels-5.9 9/30/2011- S/A- Results GOOD October 2011 10/7/2011- Surprise BFP!!!!!!!! 10/12/2011- MC Confirmed CP at roughly 4wks 2 days EDD:6/18/2012 Our 2 yr. Anniversary 10/13/2011- Follow up consult with OB and lay out a treatment plan 10/20/11 MRI with/without contrast uterus labeled as Arcuate uterine abnormality, small cyst detected on left ovary. End October 2011- Fired Original OB/switched and interviewed several practices with new OB and Love her! 12/02/11- HSG uterus looks perfect with no abnormalities detected and tubes clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards