Pre-wedding Parties

Bach. Party Distress

I'm attempting to plan a bachelorette party for my cousins upcoming wedding.  As her MOH I'm already dealing with all of the shower planning, and honestly do not feel like I should HAVE to give her a bachelorette party.  She has ridiculous expectations for a bachelorette party.  I've chatted with the other 6 BMs and am not really getting any help.  Everyone has such a different budget for the evening ranging from $100 all the way to $500.  Every time that I mention a different idea to my cousin she immediately shoots it down because it isn't exactly what she wants to do.  Do I really have to do exactly what she wants, especially if everyone cannot afford?  She's also being extremely rude to me and blaming everything on me because I think its too expensive.  I've already shelled out almost $1000 between my dress, shoes, jewelery and her shower, but she isn't being considerate of the fact that all of her BMs don't have the same level of disposable income that she does.  I don't know what to do.  I want to just tell her she isn't getting a bachelorette party, but at the same time I don't want to start a huge fight.  What do I do!?

Re: Bach. Party Distress

• edited December 2011

wow, that sounds pretty miserable for you actually! I don't know what to tell you. I'd say, just patronize her. Next time she complains, give her a hug and tell her you wish things could be like that too. Then what can she say? 

• LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just tell her that her bachlorette party plans are going to be a surprise. and then ask what each girl is willing to contribute and plan a party based on that. if it's not good enough for her... she's just a spoiled brat. she's lucky to be getting one at ALL.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • edited December 2011

I second LoveMuffin's advice!

Just SO incredibly happy!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mcskatcatmcskatcat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are completely right, OP.  You aren't even required to throw a bach party for her, so she's being extremely selfish and inconsiderate by trying to dictate what happens. 

Instead of running ideas by her, why not just keep it a surprise?  My MOH just told me when my bach party would be, and even then if you knew her schedule well enough you could "kidnap" her one night and have it be completely unexpected. 
  • tlbattagliatlbattaglia member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bach-party-distress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:cd09375a-36f4-4ab9-b1dc-22b8ac1ae7c6Post:dccb23f8-18c3-45ba-9fad-d770e304fbc6">Re: Bach. Party Distress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would just tell her that her bachlorette party plans are going to be a surprise. and then ask what each girl is willing to contribute and plan a party based on that. if it's not good enough for her... she's just a spoiled brat. she's lucky to be getting one at ALL.
    Posted by LoveMuffins[/QUOTE]

This.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards