Utah
Options

Help a fellow Knottie! Salt Lake City!

Hey Ladies!  I am from Ohio but was looking to get some help, PLEASE!!

We are thinking about going to Salt Lake City for our honeymoon.  We are trying to save money to remodel our house.  I'm looking for cheap places to stay or possibly rent, that are still pretty nice and close to attractions.  If anyone has any suggestions that would be great!  And possibly some fun things to do around the area! 

TIA!

Re: Help a fellow Knottie! Salt Lake City!

• Options
    KatyRoseMKatyRoseM member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When are you going?  What attractions do you want to be close to?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is 9/2/12 so probably arriving 9/3 through 9/10.  And im open to any suggestions! we are active people and there is NOTHING to do in Ohio! haha
  • Options
    KatyRoseMKatyRoseM member
    edited December 2011
    So by attractions your looking for outdoors?  You picked a great time of year.  I would recommend renting a house in the mountains and some bikes.  Huntsvile is rather far from the air port but not a huge resort  town, so prices can be low.  There is a lake and the mountains.  Its also not that far a drive to Park City where they have the alpine slide.  Park City is really expensive to stay in though, but its got a tun of attractions.  Again you can probably rent a house just a little bit out of town.  You are going in the off season so that is a start.  I'm sorry if this isn't helpful. 

If your looking more in-town there are a tun of hotels down town.  There's a lot to do downtown. 
  • Options
    ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_utah_fellow-knottie-salt-lake-city?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:109Discussion:931e740b-79a4-4a6c-a366-683191e55117Post:ab46cfa5-f5d2-4626-bd04-3aa68e38b7df">Re: Help a fellow Knottie! Salt Lake City!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding is 9/2/12 so probably arriving 9/3 through 9/10.  And im open to any suggestions! we are active people and there is NOTHING to do in Ohio! haha
    Posted by kleem15[/QUOTE]

If you like it warm, you could tour some national parks down south.  Camping would be super cheap!
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011
    If you don't mind me asking, why salt lake? Flights from the east to slc are insanely expensive...
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    annalynbannalynb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might also consider places like Midway or Park City or even Moab as well. Utah has some great hiking. Near Salt Lake I would recommend the Big Cottonwood Canyon or the Little Cottonwood Canyon. There are also some great resorts up there. There are plenty of bike trails as well and it's close enough that you could still go to Salt Lake. There's also Salt Lake City itself, which has plenty of site seeing and places to stay ranging from cheap motels to fancy and expensive suits. There are plenty of Gardens (peace gardens, liberty park, Red Butte Gardens, etc.), there's shopping center's like the Gateway Mall, which also has an IMAX theatre and the Clark Planetarium. There are some great lakes for canoeing and kayaking or fishing, we have ice skating rinks, rock climbing, plenty of spas, Thanksgiving point  (shopping, dinosaur museum, movies, gardens, etc.), plenty of theatres that offer musicals, plays and comedy improv shows, clubs at night, Plenty of scenic drives, and then of course there is the Great Salt Lake, which I recommend viewing from antelope island, but you can also view it from toole/magna area and then drive down U-111 (8400 W.) and go to the Bingham Canyon Mine (world's largest open pit copper mine). Don't forget temple square.

http://www.utah.com/saltlake/

I've lived here for 18 years! :)
  • Options
    THis is freaking halarious beacuse we are going to OHIO for our honeymoon but getting married in SLC ! to bad our dates are not the same we could just swap houses! Bahaha! I would say go to Lagoon for a day when you come out here- its a theme park. Go SIte seeing and just stay at like a super 8 - or even  rent an RV or camp trailer and go camping. there are tones of national parks. you could go to arches or St.George.  September is a little to early for snow but still starting to get a little cold out here. The great thing about utah is there are alot of sights like the saltair and GSL too see and hang out at that are free.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards