Alaska
Options

Seamstress

I want to have my dress made but not look like it is homemade.  The few bridal stores in Anchorage that I've driven past don't look like they would produce anything really good.  Any suggestions for someone in a reasonable driving area?

Re: Seamstress

• Options
    I have heard that Celeste of Celestial Designs (out in Wasilla) is really good. I have zero experience with her but haven't heard a negative thing. She was at the bridal fair during the winter and her dresses look amazing. I plan on having my alterations done by her. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alaska_seamstress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:75Discussion:3f69e7a1-873c-4a79-b379-23f5db6f3969Post:b9ea9182-7823-4f90-9106-b0e733387b0e">Seamstress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to have my dress made but not look like it is homemade.  The few bridal stores in Anchorage that I've driven past don't look like they would produce anything really good.  Any suggestions for someone in a reasonable driving area?
    Posted by HLoveToday[/QUOTE]

I saw Celeste at the bridal show as well and I would recommend checking her out.  Haven't used her personally but she's the only person I've heard of in Alaska who custom makes gowns.  I was in the same shoes as you when I first got engaged and threatened to boycott David's Bridal and Anderson's because none of their dresses looked unique and too mass produced.  However, I will admit I ended up surprising myself and finding a David's Bridal gown.  I ordered it online because they didn't have it on sale.  Also, FYI a friend got a designer dress at David's that is usually over $1500 for under $500.  Keep an eye out for those sales!  My point being if Celeste doesn't work out for you at least make an appointment at David's (or elsewhere) because you may end up surprising even yourself! 
  • Options
    I saw Celeste of Celestial Designs probably at the same show.  Based on our conversation, I'd reccommend her.  Additionally, I'd avoid a Dress from David's or you'll be visiting Celeste for more than just a fitting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards