Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Second-Line Hankies

Hey girls! I have a quick question about the second-line hankies.  Is it necessary to have hankies for every single one of your guests for the second line?  We are closing in on our budget and am trying to figure out ways to cut back on a few things.  I was thinking on just providing hankies for the bridal party.  Any thoughts????

Re: Second-Line Hankies

• Options
    hollybee92hollybee92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen some guests just use napkins rather. Another bride had a cute idea of screwing an "O" screw into a wooden rod spray painted black with ribbons attached. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, my OOT guests would have no idea what to do with it.  Just dance and have fun!  Seen more than a few when the guys get excited and use their ties!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So glad you asked, I've been meaning to post that exact question. Here's the cheapest I found in case you decide to buy some: http://www.tansclub.com/soblhadopa2.html Shannon
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know you can get them printed but I wanted to save money in this area.  I bought really cheap hankerchiefs online.  Then, I went to Michael's and bought a fleur de lis stamp and gold paint.  My wonderful future sister in law is stamping a fleur de lis in the corner of each for me.  It probably cost a total of $50 for 144 hankies.
  • Options
    cereed007cereed007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We invited 200 people and only had hankies for 100. Alot of the weddings ive been to, didnt even have hankies! Everyone just grabs a napkin!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We ordered seond line hankies from Backyard printing in Mandeville.  I think they were $80 for48 personalized hankerchiefs and were really nice. I think the price goes down the more you order, but the minimum order was 4 dozen. All of my guests were from out of town and loved them.  I used them as favors and also bought great Second Line umbrellas for the bridal party from a local girl I found on Etsy. They were an even bigger hit than the hankies. She delivered them to our rehearsal dinner and brought extras for sale.  Contact me if you are interested in her info.  They were only $20 - 30 each depending on the decorations, and my photos looked great with the hankies waving and dancing umbrellas!  So worth it. If you are on a tight budget, I would buy the minimum hankies and pass out to the bridal party and close relatives who may like them for souveniers. Let the rest of the guests use their napkins.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally don't think you need one for every guest. The second line is usually at the end of the wedding anyway and not every single guest is still there for the last song.

My friend actually makes the hankies. Her website is weddinglagniappes.com. I'll cut and paste her prices.

1-5 dozen - $18/per dozen
    6-10 dozen - $17.50/per dozen
    11-15 dozen - $17/per dozen
    Over 15 dozen - $16/dozen

Hope that helps!!!

XOXO
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards