April 2013 Weddings

Uh oh!

Just got my first jab on facebook from somebody not being invited to the wedding. A former coworker and friend, but a hang out 2x a year friend : I feel like crap, but we couldn't invite everyone. We have a budget.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
RSVP Deadline: February 28th

Re: Uh oh!

• Don't worry about it.  Did he/she post it on your timeline or send it to you in a message?  That's pretty rude to put on someone's timeline if so! 

• Hopefully that doesn't happen to me... I always come across as a btch when I type stuff and I have no idea why! Just be honest and tell her you couldn't invite everyone you wanted to because of budget.
    Anniversary
  • It was her status.. For everyone to see!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
  • Eesh, that's terribly catty. Just know it reflects poorly on her for broadcasting that kind of stuff.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_uh-oh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:f676f4b6-3944-447f-9fa0-b5e99e259f20Post:dcf8cd56-5efd-4821-b64e-267ba50fc16a">Re:Uh oh!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It was her status.. For everyone to see!
    Posted by adawn1981[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Hmmm...DEFRIEND!  Haha jk but yea, weddings bring out the worst in people, unfortunately.  That was incredibly rude of her.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Ugh and she is 45. People should understand! It didn't say my name, just I'm sad I don't get invited to certain events just because I don't work there anymore, sad face. It was after our happy hour, so I figured it out. I sent a nice message explaining. Stress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 45 year old writing passive aggressive statuses on Facebook? Oh grow up lady!
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_uh-oh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:f676f4b6-3944-447f-9fa0-b5e99e259f20Post:70e2ab58-0a7b-48ce-ad95-b0dda26f2c1c">Re:Uh oh!</a>:
    [QUOTE]45 year old writing passive aggressive statuses on Facebook? Oh grow up lady!
    Posted by allychase[/QUOTE]

Bravo!
  • Wow, you are WAY too nice! I would have written some snotty message on her status, like, really? This is beyond rude. And that's me being nice lol. That's kind of pathetic of her... well, good job on handling it well! People like that make weddings kind of suck lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • people suck! did she have a few drinks in her maybe? just know that you are the bigger person for being grown up about it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry to hear this happened to you, but just know you are not alone.  I had a friend post on my wall that she was excited to receive the save the date and then two college acquaintances had a snippy convo with each other about how theirs must've gotten lost in the mail.  I ended up deleting the whole thread and letting the original friend know that I'm glad she's excited, but that I had to nix the drama!

White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 9th
  • I had a few friends take pix and/or comment about the StDs on my wall last fall and AGAIN with the invites a week or two ago.  I now have my facebook set up to approve any pix people post on my wall and I deny pix of that stuff.  I also hide those comments just to prevent any possible drama.

It sucks that you have to filter your content that much but again, money doesn't grow on trees and buildings can't get bigger with the wave of a wand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards