Moms and Maids

Bachelorette party

Hi all! I am co-MOH in a friend's upcoming wedding, and have taken over the bachelorette party! I have it all planned, and a date set, but here's my question: I have never been to a bachelorette party before, so I honestly am not sure if I should be sending paper invitations to guests or if this can be done by word of mouth/facebook. Thoughts? TIA!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bachelorette party

• ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I think that would depend on the number of people you're inviting.  If it's under 10 or so, word of mouth may be easier.

evites are okay for a bach party because it's casual, I wouldn't use them for a shower though
  • vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would ask the bride what sort of party she's envisioning.  Small group or large group, what she's looking forward to doing, that kind of stuff.  Make sure you don't invite anyone who isn't also invited to the wedding - definitely clear the guest list with the bride before you send anything out.

I recently received a b-party invitation (the free vistaprint kind - link) and it was really cute.  I knew about the b-party ahead of time, but it was still fun to receive something 'formal' in the mail.

I definitely think you could get away with FB invites or word of mouth, but everybody loves getting mail.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the replies, everyone! It sounds like it's going to be small, and relatively casual, as we're going to a restaurant and then bowling, so I think word of mouth/evites should be ok. I do, however, LOVE the vista print ones from the link, Vicki, so I'm going to run it by the bride and see what she thinks.

Thanks again for the advice!
  • snorwo3snorwo3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did Vista Print ones from the party I threw a few months ago and it was met with a good response by all. They're cheap as heck and you can customize them so much. 

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bachelorette-party-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:892a8a17-f75a-4bdf-a94f-1540148ebd67Post:0c060ca2-f9f5-473c-8021-72d98c64c0f1">Re: Bachelorette party</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did Vista Print ones from the party I threw a few months ago and it was met with a good response by all. They're cheap as heck and you can customize them so much.  Here's mine:  <a href="http://i53.tinypic.com/15hic0l.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://i53.tinypic.com/15hic0l.jpg</a>
    Posted by snorwo3[/QUOTE]

<div>That is gooorgeous... so classy! Ms. Bride is kind of a hippie, and there was one on the Vista Print site all in orange with flowers... It's too perfect to ignore. And the 3 day shipping... Why was I ever reluctant to order invites?</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards