Military Brides
Options

Military Benefits

Myself and the FI are military members.  We would love to have a large wedding of 150+ guests and financially that's risky.  However, I'm sure there are venues out there that offer military discounts.  Does anybody have an idea where I can start looking?

Re: Military Benefits

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends where you're located.  I would go to a local base and ask them - many of them have restaurants or clubs that can be rented by military members for a very low rate compared to similar places off-base.

And just ask!  Don't be afraid to ask.  The worst they can say is no, but there are lots of privately owned venues that offer discounts just as a 'thank you' to service members and their families.  You never know!

Anniversary

• Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married and having the reception on base.  The chapel is free, the officiant is free, the reception venue is much cheaper (especially the bar) than equivalent sites in town  and there is no tax.  Our baker and photographer give military discounts.  The DJ has an arrangment with MWR in this area and all MWR clients get a discount. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you go with a venue off base see if they have a military clause.  They might not let you cancel, but can give you the option to move the date if one or both of you get deployed.  And make sure you get that in writing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Ditto looking to whats available at your local base(s). We got married at DH's base's NCO club. It was not only the most affordable venue in town, but one of the nicest as well. The food and service were both impeccable, the staff was amazingly professional, and we paid about $3K for 150 people to have cocktail hour, appetizers, dinner and and an open bar.
    They will also likely have an event manager/coordinator who will have good contacts for other services, such as photographers, baker/ies, DJs and florist who are military friendly.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got our flourist at the Navy exchange flower shop!  She is amazing and way cheaper than the flourists out in town and of course TAX FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards