New York-Hudson Valley

Hotels/After Party

I just booked Links at Union Vale. I have heard wonderful stuff about the location and am very excited to continue the planning process.
We are looking for hotels in Fishkill to block rooms and also have an after party.
Any suggestions?!

Re: Hotels/After Party

• ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You will LOVE the Links!  Teri is the best!  I got married there in October 2009...if you have any other questions, let me know.

We booked both the Hotel Sierra and Courtyard.  Most of our guests stayed at the Sierra...the weekend we got married they required a 2 night minimum so alot of people made a weekend out of it (and we got a free room).  The others stayed at the Courtyard (but we are local so although we had alot of OOT guests, there were many more "local" ones).  The guests had positive stuff to say about both.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the check!

The Links is really nice!

We didn't have our wedding there (had it at Putnam National Golf Club in Mahopac)
    but since Mahopac doens' have any hotels, we had to select between the "hotel cities" of Danbury, Fishkill  an Mt Kisco.

We decided on Fishkill, an booked for our hotel block the Fishkill Hilton Garden Inn. They were great to deal with, they don't have a bar on site but Ruby Tuesday is right in front and that's where we had our after-after party. (We hung out at the bar at PNGC for about an hour after the wedding). 

Ruby Tuesday closes at midnight, but as long as you make them aware a wedding is coming they will stay open. We left after 2am. 

Fishkill Holiday Inn is the only bar with anight club attached, but I think some (Sierra, Courtyard) might have bars inside that if you ask will stay open.  

GL!
  • edited December 2011
    We blocked at the Sierra and their bar will stay open late for an extra charge (I think $75?).  they stayed open until at least 2.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_hotelsafter-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:b96aa9fc-7742-4846-87d4-b166046bb09cPost:14aef87e-316c-40d3-ba6d-2ac378e400f9">Re: Hotels/After Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]We blocked at the Sierra and their bar will stay open late for an extra charge (I think $75?).  they stayed open until at least 2.
    Posted by Little Spitfire[/QUOTE]

Yes, there is a charge.  We got lucky, I honestly did not want to pay b/c i felt we could do a party in someone's room...which I have done many times and it is a blast...so another bride had paid for the bar to be open so we took advantage.  Turns out, a good friend from Brooklyn who came to the wedding, her hubby knew the Sierra';s bartender.  small world
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards