Catholic Weddings
Options

pictures and make up

I am getting my make up professionally done. The stylist told me she wanted me to be done by 11:30 so I cna relax and eat before the ceremony (at 2:30). The limo is picking us up ar 1:45 to go to the church. I am worried my make up will not look good by the time we do pictures after the ceremony before the reception (at 4). I am debating if I should do a first look and pictures before the ceremony. Is this possible at a catholic ceremony because I know there is a wedding before us? Have people experienced their make up not looking as good a few hours later, especially if there are tears.....Can i touch up my own make up? Any ideas? What have people done?

Re: pictures and make up

• Options
    My wedding was at 5 PM, and I had my makeup completely done by 2:00 PM.  It held up through the whole night.  Professionals will use products that last, will use primers, etc.  Even with an after party, I looked great the whole night -- 2 PM to 2 AM. 

• Options
    I've never had my makeup professionally done, so I can't really speak to that.  I did my makeup myself for my wedding, and aside from having to use an oil blotting sheet once or twice, I didn't need any touch-ups.  A  friend of mine got hers professionally done for her wedding, and had to do several touch-ups, so I think it all depends on what type of products  they use.  Is it possible to get a trial done ahead of time so you can see how  well it will all hold up?

As far as doing a first look and pics before the ceremony, if there's another wedding before yours it might not be possible to do that at the church, but you could always do that at another location and just do pictures in the church afterwards. 
  • Options
    I did not even think about my makeup once it was applied, and from looking at the pictures, it stayed gorgeous all night long.  In fact, it took me forever to take it off the next day (because you know I did not bother the night of).

I know my MOH had a few things like mascara and blush on hand in case anyone needed it, but I know I didn't do any touchups.

Also, I cried like a BABY and there was no running.
    Anniversary

• Options
    i didnt even wear make up other than mascara.  lol

my hair, however, did not hold up as great as i had planned or hoped.  we did all of our picutres before, tho, and im glad that we did for a vareity of reasons - everyone looked "fresh" and was not wrinkled, adn it gave us more time with our guests.  i highly recommend doing pcis before especially seeing as you have all morning and early afternoon to do them.
  • Options
    I got my hair and makeup professionally done starting at 8am (I went first before my bridesmaids). We had the 2pm ceremony, it was record heat that day, and we were dying under the bright lights at the front of the church, makeup and hair still looked great for pictures after the ceremony without any touchups. My stylist was awesome and knew what she was doing!

Definitely have your stylist do a trial run. The day of my trial run we ended up going to see Chicago at an outdoor theater. So I was out in the humid heat for a few hours. It still looked great after that, so I was pretty confident everything would be fine the day of.

However, it may not be a bad idea to take a few pictures before the ceremony. Even if you are waiting to see each other you can still do pictures separately and this could save time after the ceremony. As previous posters mentioned you can always do this at another location if the church isn't available.
  • Options
    Definitely do a trial run and ask your MUA about your concerns. I think that the only REAL touch us you MAY need is lipgloss (food and kissing and what not might get in the way)/
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I only had to touch-up lips and blot oil off my face throughout the day!  I have pretty oily skin, so I just did regular makeup... it still stayed on despite the fact that I cried a bit before and during the wedding ceremony.  My makeup was done by the same person who did my hair at 9AM, my ceremony was at 3pm and reception was at 5:30pm.  I recommend designating one of your bridesmaids to keep tabs on when you might need touch-ups so you don't need to worry about it throughout the day!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards