Maine
Options

Ceremony Site in Oct.

Sorry if this as been asked before...and if it has been already oh well :)

Looking for ceremony sites that are preferrably indoors for our Oct. wedding...we are religious but are ok with an all faiths style chapel or site. Also totally ok with offbeat venues too :) Thanks

Re: Ceremony Site in Oct.

• Options
    St. Dominics Church (affiliated with the Irish Heritage Center - it's not an actual church anymore) on the West End in Portland is kind of pretty inside and it's huge.  They also have an area downstairs for receptions.  My SIL just got married there in December and it was really nice (ceremony - not reception).

I've heard that Grace (the restaurant that used to be a church) can do ceremonies and receptions. I've never been to a wedding there, but it is beautiful inside.

Some people have recommended the Wilde Memorial Chapel in Portland but I think they have a maximum capacity of 100. 

The Spurwink Chapel in Cape Elizabeth can hold up to 150.

If you're possibly looking for an actual church, Cathedral in Portland is GORGEOUS inside. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    If your wedding is small, Wilde Memorial Chapel at Evergreen Cemetery (Stevens Ave) is open through October. It's beautiful and (if I recall correctly), $350 for Portland residents. You can reserve it through the City of Portland. Only holds 105 people though. For us, it was perfect.
    Just my two cents! Penny L G M
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards