Plus-Sized
Options

57 degrees, 4 days before Christmas???

Ok, I know I will probly be kicking myself later.... but WHERE IS THE WHITE STUFF???

I live in Ohio.... We have only had flurries once, maybe, here in Columbus... It is 57 today, and Raining... but this is SO ODD!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 57 degrees, 4 days before Christmas???

• Options
    Isnt the rain the worst this morning?  Driving to work was so frustrating, and traffic last night was unbelievably awful for how it usually is.  The flurries over the weekend stuck to our little holly bushes out front and it was really cute, but that lasted for like 20 minutes.  As long as it stays well above freezing at this point so all the rain doesn't freeze.  Where are you in Columbus?  
  • Options
    It's been warmer than usual here too. Although we've been known to get snow storms as late as March if we get snow at all.
  • Options
    I'm in northern lower Michigan, and we haven't even had snow on the ground yet. We've had some random flurries, but nothing has stuck. It's very strange for around here. Normally we have snow on the ground from the beginning of November to April.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Stackeye.... I live and work in Dublin... I work only 3 miles from my house, and my hours are 7:30-4 so, Traffic at 7-7:15am isnt too bad!!!  Thank God!!
    Where at in Columbus are you??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am in Denver- we have had snow a couple of times, but I agree the weather has been weird... sending white flakes your way for Xmas eve!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We're heading to Florida on Friday. I thought we'd be excited to escape the freezing cold but so far it has been pretty mild. FI works outside so I am going to keep my fingers crossed that it stays this way. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yeah, I hate snow but it's so bizarre to NOT have a bunch of it, it sort of weirds me out!
  • Options
    Same here in New England.  We had a massive storm on Halloween and basically nothing since then.  This morning it was a little icy, but no real snow.  I guess Friday we might get real snow and have a white Christmas.

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_57-degrees-4-days-before-christmas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:3f9ddfe4-06cb-4177-8f19-ec59e860e4e7Post:19318433-4368-496c-97c0-ca0f5ca1a053">Re: 57 degrees, 4 days before Christmas???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stackeye.... I live and work in Dublin... I work only 3 miles from my house, and my hours are 7:30-4 so, Traffic at 7-7:15am isnt too bad!!!  Thank God!! Where at in Columbus are you??
    Posted by osubuckigrl78[/QUOTE]

<div>I'd love a 3 mile drive to work!  I live in Canal Winchester and work in Grandview.  That stupid 670 construction took away one of my ways to/from work.  I like having an option for when traffic is bad, now I have to go the way I go regardless if it sucks or not.  </div>
  • Options
    I agree it is odd not to have any snow :/ The weather here has been very weird (which it usually is in New England), it's been mild one day and freezing the next.
  • Options
    The time stamp on TK is apparently back to PACIFIC timezone!!! UGH!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There is a weird fog right now in West Michigan which is deceiving me into thinking it's snowing out when I look out the window!

Weather just needs to make up it's mind already.
  • Options
    In Lansing we got a huge snowstorm about two weeks ago (schools were cancelled and everything), but of course all the snow has melted. I was hoping it'd stick around for a white Christmas, but no, it's going to be green.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Is there such a thing as a brown Christmas? Because we don't have any snow, but all the leaves have turned brown and fallen off the trees. So no white xmas, but not green either...
  • Options
    Apparently, according to the weather man on the news this morning, there is a CHANCE of flurries on Sunday!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Angele, your sig rocks my socks!

I'm in FL this year and right now it's at least 75 degrees, overcast, with probably 80% humidity. It's like living in a sauna. I've had my heat on for roughly 5 days at the beginning of December. It's weird because it seems to make time pass quickly because it's like the seasons never change. And it's hard to get into the holiday spirit. Last year I was in UT for Christmas, it was gorgeous, with lots of fluffy snow and no humidity. I miss that.
  • Options
    Colorado Springs got hit pretty hard night before last and we're looking at another storm tonight. :(  I think KM2124 will be dealing w/ the brunt of that one though (it's supposed to hit Denver worse than us). Either way you look at it, it doesn't make matters any better when we're driving 10 hrs to Neb. tomorrow morning! 

All the news stations are saying that this is the dryest winter in a long time. Not cool....that means we'll have more summer wild-fires. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Here in Kentucky its going to in the 60s today and tomorrow. I am ok with that, as long as we don't have winter that lasts into March since thats when my wedding is. But if it does, it does.
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards