Florida-South Florida
Options

Gift Question

I'm an old knottie that got married recently and one of my good friends gave me $200 in cash.  I'm going to her baby shower, and wanted to know if I should give her a present from her registry worth about $200?  I've never been to a baby shower before, this will be my first.  I will post this on the bump also.

Re: Gift Question

• Options
    josgirljosgirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    For both my friends baby showers I spent about $75 each. I chose one or two items from the registry and a few little out fits and something to decorate the room (piggy bank/wall art). Usually family members bought the more expensive things, diaper dispenser, crib, basinette etc. They can never have enough onesies or burp blankets!!
  • Options
    Or diapers!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    buy her whatever you feel like buying her ... the things she can never have enough of are diapers and wipes. I prefer pampers -- for me, they seem to work better than huggies.

a lot of people bought me clothes (i had a girl), and although she wore most of them, there were some that (a) i didnt like or (b) werent appropriate for the season... or (c) didnt fit her...and they didnt give gift receipts so i could return them ... so if you care to get her clothes, be sure that you plan accordingly. long-sleeve, thick material is not appropriate for summer wear! (and yes, thats what happened to me!)

another thing people got me were bottles ... however, we found out in the hospital that she didnt like the regular nipples, and would only take a bottle using a specific kind of nipple (NUK) .... so those went to waste too.

If all else fails, a gift card is always a great option -- that way, they get what THEY want and dont have to worry about disappointing someone if they dont use what they got them.

This time around, thats all I want is gift cards -- I still have all my daughters clothes (they will be about 16 months apart) and people have been getting me gift cards, which is great because that way i can get what i know i need, instead of what they think i want. even though people do registries, people dont go by what is on them to purchase for the mom-to-be... and then there are some things that you just dont know until the baby arrives.

my ultimate suggestion: gift card -- in whatever amount you feel like giving ... if you want to return the $200 gift to her that she gave to you, that is totally up to you. do what you feel is appropriate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards