Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Getting to know you!

I've noticed a few newbies posting...Everyone let's share a little bit about ourselves...

What does your screen name mean/signify?

When did you get engaged?

How long have you been with your FI (fiance)?

How did you two meet?

Favorite part of wedding planning?

How many guests do you plan to have?

Anything else you like to share?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Getting to know you!

• Options
    What does your screen name mean/signify?  My favorite cat  & my bday
    When did you get engaged? December 2012
    How long have you been with your FI (fiance)? 3 1/2 yrs
    How did you two meet? Through my best friend
    Favorite part of wedding planning? dress shopping and venue shopping
    How many guests do you plan to have? 150

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_getting-to-know-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:d2382482-503a-4e29-b769-f069d7162e29Post:391678f8-e812-4733-89be-3aa04c605383">Getting to know you!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've noticed a few newbies posting...Everyone let's share a little bit about ourselves... What does your screen name mean/signify? When did you get engaged? How long have you been with your FI (fiance)? How did you two meet? Favorite part of wedding planning? How many guests do you plan to have? Anything else you like to share?  
    Posted by BlissPhilly[/QUOTE]

I"m not a newbie but thought I'd respond anyway :-)

When did you get engaged? October of last year

How long have you been with your FI (fiance)? 5 years

How did you two meet? I went up to him at a bar

Favorite part of wedding planning? Spending more time with my mom while we've been dress shopping, going to bridal shows, etc

How many guests do you plan to have? hopefully no more than 120
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Ohh..fun!!

What does your screen name mean/signify? The nickname my sister has called me since I was a kid...and my favorite number. 

When did you get engaged? Feb 29 - yes, leap day :)

How long have you been with your FI (fiance)? 4.5 years

How did you two meet? At work...cliche, I know :) 

Favorite part of wedding planning? Coming up with ways to personalize our wedding and make it unique...

How many guests do you plan to have? 150ish... 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_getting-to-know-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:d2382482-503a-4e29-b769-f069d7162e29Post:391678f8-e812-4733-89be-3aa04c605383">Getting to know you!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've noticed a few newbies posting...Everyone let's share a little bit about ourselves... <div>
    </div><div>What does your screen name mean/signify? It's just my first and last name.<div>
    </div><div>When did you get engaged? 3 weeks ago</div><div>
    </div><div>How long have you been with your FI (fiance)? 4 years</div><div>
    </div><div>How did you two meet? We met through a mutual friend.</div><div>
    </div><div>Favorite part of wedding planning? We haven't really started planning anything yet. I did start a blog to document all of my inspiration and ideas. </div><div><a href="http://annieisgettinghitched.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://annieisgettinghitched.blogspot.com/</a> (sorry for the shameless plug, I couldn't help it!)</div><div>
    </div><div>How many guests do you plan to have? We both have big families and many many friends, so there will be atleast 300 guests!</div><div>
    </div><div>Anything else you like to share? I'm excited to start planning and getting to know everyone on this website :)</div><div>
    Posted by BlissPhilly[/QUOTE]

</div></div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_getting-to-know-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:d2382482-503a-4e29-b769-f069d7162e29Post:c9f53361-f721-4cd4-91cd-1839c7bab189">Re: Getting to know you!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Getting to know you! : I"m not a newbie but thought I'd respond anyway :-) Posted by jmozul01[/QUOTE]

I would like Everyone to participate not just the newbies :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What does your screen name mean/signify?
    Intials of my name put together

When did you get engaged?
    August of this year

How long have you been with your FI (fiance)?
    6 years

How did you two meet?
    at a music studio

Favorite part of wedding planning?
    I'll let you know :)

How many guests do you plan to have?
    125-150

Anything else you like to share?
    This forum is awesome! Thank you for all the tips and advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What does your screen name mean/signify?  It's my initials and the year I graduated from college. 

When did you get engaged? June 4, 2012 :)

How long have you been with your FI (fiance)?  It'll be three most awesome years this Friday.

How did you two meet? We met on an online dating site. 

Favorite part of wedding planning? I'm pretty enamored with the idea of planning an amazing party focused on the two of us.

How many guests do you plan to have? 100 or fewer.

Anything else you like to share? I anticipate I'll be on here a lot (mostly lurking) as I'm now knee deep in the planning process.  I look forward to it.

*** September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration ***
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What does your screen name mean/signify? It's my first name and the date was born

When did you get engaged?October 5, 2012

How long have you been with your FI (fiance)?3.5 years :)

How did you two meet?Match.com...but he tells everyone he bought me on ebay

Favorite part of wedding planning?Pinterest and all the ideas!  Right now I'm loving the looking at venues and gathering up ideas :)

How many guests do you plan to have?Eeeek.  The guest list is at about 150 right now without the parents giving a list of their friends they want invited. 

Anything else you like to share?We are hopefully *fingers crossed we find an afforadable venue* having an NYE 2013 wedding!   However, I just want to be his wife, so it's even harder to wait that long!
  • Options
    What does your screen name mean/signify? It's just my name w/ middle initial When did you get engaged? June 26, 2012 How long have you been with your FI fiance? 7 years How did you two meet? College... We lived on the same floor in the same dorm : Favorite part of wedding planning? Dress shopping, and just generally discussing with the FI our visions for our special day How many guests do you plan to have? Approx 200 Anything else you like to share? We are getting married next October, and so far I cannot believe how quickly our engagement seems to be going by! I'm trying my hardest to enjoy every moment of it, even though planning is starting to get a little stressful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards