Canada-Ontario
Options

What Percentage of Your Invited Guests RSVP'ed "Yes"?

An unscientific poll to help with the guest list.  Thanks!

Re: What Percentage of Your Invited Guests RSVP'ed "Yes"?

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted 70, it was just above that.  As I said in a previous post, your "yes" factor will depend on your original numbers - if you are having a small wedding, chances are you are inviting immediate and very close family and friends, and most will probably come.  The bigger the guest list added with distant relatives and out of town guests will probably decrease the "yes" number, along with friends you haven't spoken to in a while, and families that have children.

Ensure that you can pay for every guest just in case, because even OOT guests can surprise you and show up!  Also don't book a room that can't accommodate your real guest list numbers!
  • Options
    StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Though we haven't sent our invites yet, we know who is and isn't coming since at 150 it is our immediate aunts, uncles, cousins and best friend. Of that, I believe 6 aren't able to attend. 

That said, when the wedding is really big and starts branching out into distant friends and relatives I think you can expect a much larger group of "Declined" responses.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We invited about 200, and 160 came. But we expected those people to decline; they are cousins who live overseas with whom we are not super close.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We invited over 250 people and we can expect about 212. Our deadline was Jan 15th. Let me tell you, I am grateful only that amount will be attending even though we are over the original amount that we wanted to invite!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WHOA. How many of you are acutally getting married in June?

I'm not sending my invites out til April!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are getting married next weekend just outside TO. Due to the off season we had almost everyone say yes. Take into consideration what else is happening during that time of year, distance to travel etc..... I think it plays a role as well.

• Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_percentage-of-invited-guests-rsvped-yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:ce196188-9d37-4130-96bf-db0288eada5dPost:5f15ab54-b9ed-4bbf-b569-d1f5f10c29cb">Re: What Percentage of Your Invited Guests RSVP'ed "Yes"?</a>:
    [QUOTE]WHOA. How many of you are acutally getting married in June? I'm not sending my invites out til April!
    Posted by carleyraine[/QUOTE]
    Carley, you can find out when a poster is getting married by clicking their name.  That will take you to their bio where their wedding date will be listed.  Or you could just check out the ticker most of us have in our signatures. :)
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards