North Carolina
Options

Advice and suggestions Asheville nc

Hello all! Please help me! We are planning to do the wedding thing in Ashville, nc and we live in Raleigh (does that count as a destination wedding?). Looking at October for a fall, outdoorsy, country-casual, BBQ style wedding. If anyone has any suggestions or helpful advice please give it. Not sure where to look in terms of venues especially... Is a wedding planner really necessary?... How terrible was transportation for out-of-state guests?...Did everything book fast? Thanks y'all for the help!

Re: Advice and suggestions Asheville nc

• Options

October fills up VERY fast and often is more expensive. You should pick a few days and make appointments at several places to come look at them and see which dates are still open. One place I know of has an availability calendar on their website, and already all the saturday dates are taken in Oct 2012 and all but one Friday. I am booking my Oct 2013 wedding here in March 2012 (1.5 years in advance) to make sure I get the say I want.

But there are a lot of places and a lot of days in Oct. You'll find something.

How many people are inviting?

Yesterday Spaces is a good place that is country-casual. And they have a deal with a hotel near downtown-ish where you can rent a shuttle for your guests: great for out of towners.

I wouldn't pay for a wedding planner because of money. But if it's in your budget then go for it! If not, you'll have to make many phone calls and trips here.

Or you can go for a place that has a wedding planner included (well you do pay for it). Crest Center (more modern than country). Castle Ladyhawk (more princessy, but it is casual). And a ton of the hotels have event planners.

Also, come to our Asheville Wedding Festival on Jan 14th.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Super helpful thanks!  You are right... it is very work intensive and almost everything is booked.  If Yesterday Spaces (very cool looking) doesn't work out I think we'll look at staying in raleigh (which is also almost completly booked.  I always thought the Spring/Summer was the "in season"... WRONG!  

Thanks again!!  
  • Options
    Also look at Hidden River Events and The Barn (in candler).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards