April 2012 Weddings
Options

Another April bride!

Hi ladies, this is my first time posting in the April board, but as my wedding is getting closer I decided to give it a shot!

I'm getting married April 28 and as it gets closer I am stressing out!! We've got the majority of everything taken care of, it's mostly last minute details from here but I'm starting to panic. 

My biggest worry right now is my florist, who I can't get ahold of and has yet to ask me for a deposit and my BM dresses (I told the girls they could pick their own dresses and one girl ordered something so insanely inappropriate!). As much as I'm absolutely ecstatic to marry my best friend, am I the only one who's gonna be happy when this whole thing is over with?

Re: Another April bride!

• Options
    Welcome to the board! Glad to hear you have mostly everything knocked out. 

I would just keep calling/emailing the florist. She definitely should have asked for a deposit at this point, I would think. Do you have a color swatch of their dress color? That should be all you need for her to see, or if you're going with white flowers, then it really doesn't matter. 

What did the one girl buy that was so inappropriate? That is kind of the risk you run when tell them to get their own dress...I made sure to tell my girls knee length or shorter but nothing "club" short. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    Welcome to the April 2012 group!  And you most certainly won't be the only one who will be glad to have everything over with :-)

I'm sure things will be fine with the florist and you still have time to go with someone else if you continue to have trouble touching base.  Perhaps they will be responsive if you let them know you will need to take your business elsewhere if they can't get back to you?

As far as your bridesmaid whose dress is inappropriate, although I can see where it's embarassing, she's the one who will look silly, not you!  If your ceremony location is a house of worship with certain dress codes (i.e. shoulders covered) you would have a leg to stand on to advise her to wear a wrap or jacket at least for the ceremony.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome! :)

I e-mailed another florist today, as a back-up if things don't work out with my current one. We met with her last month, and she seemed so laid back saying we had so much time and we can put down a deposit as the time gets closer. She said she would e-mail me everything we had discussed, including prices and I never heard from her again. I put it off that she must be busy because of the holidays (I know I was!) but holidays are over.

On a good note, BM who ordered the inappropriate dress text me today to say the dress was no longer in stock! Now to just point her in the right direction dress-wise..
    Atleast that's one thing I can stop stressing about! :) 
  • Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_another-april-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:c9626a3a-82ca-4337-b444-e73090e2a53ePost:dedfc797-98aa-4638-99eb-e2e10d65c9a6">Re: Another April bride!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the welcome! :) I e-mailed another florist today, as a back-up if things don't work out with my current one. We met with her last month, and she seemed so laid back saying we had so much time and we can put down a deposit as the time gets closer. She said she would e-mail me everything we had discussed, including prices and I never heard from her again. I put it off that she must be busy because of the holidays (I know I was!) but holidays are over. On a good note, BM who ordered the inappropriate dress text me today to say the dress was no longer in stock! Now to just point her in the right direction dress-wise.. Atleast that's one thing I can stop stressing about! :) 
    Posted by xos0inlove[/QUOTE]

<div>Glad you came up with a back up plan! Our caterer is kind of nonchalant about the wedding and how much time we have, but I like to get things set and taken care of early so I understand the annoyance!</div><div>
    </div><div>What a relief about your BM! Was the dress too short, see thru, etc? How much flexibility did you give them? I told my girls to get any petunia shade knee length dress from Alfred Angelo after making sure they could afford the price range ($90-$200+) at AA. I didn't care about straps, fabric, neckline, etc. </div><div>
    </div><div>So yeah, if she is getting something too short or otherwise not right for your venue if it's a church, like Megan said, then that is totally fine for you to object, but if she picks a dress with sleeves and you didn't specify sleeveless, I'd hardly count that as inappropriate, you know? Give them plenty of basic guidelines so they know what you want (black, knee-length, chiffon, etc), but try not to micromanage (no beading, no shiny stuff, not a lot of X or a lot of Y), or else it really defeats the point of "letting them pick." </div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    The dress she picked was cute..if your going to a club. I'm totally fine with short (it's a daytime wedding) but this was SHORT. And skin tight. Very revealing..just totally not wedding appropriate. I told both girls to wear a black dress, but I didn't specify much else because when we were talking about it, what they both were describing they had in mind was right in line with what I was thinking. Now I know to be more specific! I think I might suggest all of us go shopping together. The florist I emailed as a back up emailed me right away to set up a meeting. Her work is lovely, so now I can only hope she's within my budget!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards