Ohio-Cleveland

Photographer/DJ recommendations

I need photographer and DJ recommendations in the cleveland area.  Any reviews will be helpful!
Thanks!!

Re: Photographer/DJ recommendations

• jaclyn&davejaclyn&dave member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Todd H Carlson for our photographer. He is really nice, and super easy to get along with. We did our engagement photos with him and they turned out great. Can't wait for him to shoot the wedding.  www.toddhcarlsonweddings.com

And we are using Freddie James dj. We got a great deal and have had friends use them as well.

Good luck planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 174 Invitedimage 93 Ready to get partyimage 10 are missing outimage 71 taking their timeimage RSVP Date Sept. 24
  • Megaphone2752Megaphone2752 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our DJ was Arthur Schmidt at Jerry Bruno Productions and he was great.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Hunter Harrison.  He is great to work with, very responsive and does great work!

We are also using Freddie James.  Freddie is really nice and we also got a pretty good deal when we booked with them.  My fiance have seen them at other weddings at dance floor was packed all night.

Good Luck!
  • mildlymailynmildlymailyn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using BCR Studios in Willoughby. Kay was so nice and down to earth! I can't wait ot work with them!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Making the Moment Photography, based out of North Ridgeville, they are AMAZING!! Beautiful pictures and amazing people to work with.  I highly recommend them!

Our DJ is Selective Sound, also a great company to work with. We are working with Jeremy, he's the owner, they are reasonable with the pricing and have lots of extras to offer.
  • edited December 2011
    I just got married last month and both our photographer and DJ were amazing and very cost friendly!! We couldn't say enough about either one!

We used MARIA SHARRON for our photographer. she was unbelievable to work with and really has an amazing eye for what was good and what wasn't. She was one of the first people to show up at my house around 7:30 am and one of the last people to leave my reception at midnight and she took SO many amazing photos. check her out at www.mariasharron.com... look at the blog to see examples of her work!

Our DJ was First Request Music. and again i couldn't have been happier. The owner/DJ's name is Pat Mahoney and he was great to work with and his price could not be beat by ANYONE else out there. I didn't want to have a showboat DJ who felt like he ran the show. I just wanted awesome music and a packed dance floor, which I got. Awesome time.. you can see how crowded our dance floor was in our sample wedding photos on Maria's blog for July!
  • ille2010ille2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're working with Elizabeth Pruitt. She came highly recommended from a good friend of ours who was married last year. She takes beautiful photographs and our experience working with her has been wonderful! Her website is: elizabethpruittphoto.com

As far as a DJ goes, I've heard great things about all of the following:
    TKO
    Selective Sound
    Rock the House
    Jerry Bruno

• edited December 2011
    We are also using Making the Moment photography out of North Ridgeville.  Incredibly creative and energetic...I'm super excited for them!

For DJs we are using Audio Extremes out of Hudson.  They were really easy to work with and a lot of the music selection is online, which is helpful bc we are on the westside of Cleveland and don't make it out to Hudson a lot.

Goodluck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 228 invited
    image 165 have their party shoes image 63 will be staying home image0 haven't decided
    RSVP Date: September 19th
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Scott from Jerry Bruno Productions.  He is awesome!!  And using Terra from Terra Sol Studio for photography (and she comes with a videographer). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LPandCPLPandCP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My phtotographer, JW Photography, was out of the Columbus area, but they do travel.  They did a fantastic job and were very reasonably priced (their travel fees are not that much so it might be worth it).  I lived in Columbus for our engagement session so it worked out well for me. They have lots of examples on their website - http://www.djandphotography.com/

We used Jesse Webb Entertainment for our DJ and I would also recommend them.  We also really liked what TKO had to offer (and had more reviews available), and the only reason that we didnt go with them was because we saved a few hundred by going with Jesse Webb. In the end, I think Jesse Webb did a great job and we probably wouldnt have gotten anything more by spending the extra money, so we made a good choice.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_photographerdj-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:110Discussion:61240f1f-e16c-4b16-9b5f-ed2191791f65Post:8280ecd4-ccc9-4549-90d7-35ef6c8a0b78">Re: Photographer/DJ recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using Todd H Carlson for our photographer. He is really nice, and super easy to get along with. We did our engagement photos with him and they turned out great. Can't wait for him to shoot the wedding.  <a href="http://www.toddhcarlsonweddings.com" rel='nofollow'>www.toddhcarlsonweddings.com</a> And we are using Freddie James dj. We got a great deal and have had friends use them as well. Good luck planning!
    Posted by jaclyn&dave[/QUOTE]

<div>I second Todd H. Carlson. He shot our wedding last weekend and I can say that he was the one vendor we had absolutely no problems with. He and his assistant were professional and personable, which is important since we spent 12 hours together on the wedding day! He is a true artist and thought of ideas for our pictures that I would never think of, and they will turn out great! I also loved that he kept showing me shots on his camera throughout the day :)</div>
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Spencer Photography. Larry did a friends wedding, and we booked him the very next week. His pictures are amazing. Well worth every penny. And he'll do multiple engagement sessions and bridal portraits. He will also take pictures the day after, in case you feel like you don't have enough time for good pictures the day of the wedding.

We are using the Marino Brothers for our DJ. We met them at a bridal show and they looked like a good time.
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • vaughan.tdvaughan.td member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using Marino Brothers for our DJ. They have done 2 other family weddings and were great!!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Essence of Love Photography out of Parma. It is a husband/wife team and they are great! They did our engagement photos and my boudoir photos and they look gorgous! Fun to work with too!
  • amariemazamariemaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I see a few of you booked or are looking into Freddie James, just a warning about him...  My husband's cousin used him for their wedding on July 9th and he was a complete jerk.  While doing the parents and bridal party announcements he called our cousins stepmother by the wrong name.  Then when she said something to him about it, he got very defensive and was picking fights with her the rest of the night.  He even went as far as saying to the bride "keep that b**tch away from me."  Sooo unprofessional!
    He also refused to take requests from guest, even after the bride asked him 4 times, to honor her guest requests.  He kept telling the guest, he was only going to play the songs the bride wants.  It made the bride look really bad.  They did get a good deal using him but in the end they were really unhappy with him.   
  • kendersonkenderson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer is Eric Smyklo out of Erie, PA but he's travelling to Cleveland to do ours.  He has a very artistic flare and his photos are EPIC!   He did my sister's wedding in Jamaica too, and I can tell you he's worth every cent!!

Our DJ is A Bride's DJ.  They're amazing to work with and really affordable!  They have a planning website with a ton of ideas and have great communication.  PM me if you want any specifics for either.
    Tigers love pepper...they hate cinnamon Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mistiemae11mistiemae11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    have you booked yet? you HAVE to look at jessica love photography. they're fun, young, and super personal.

I've had friends use her (and been in the bridal parties), and she fits right in with the flow of the day. Making amazing suggestions (uh, yeah, we almost forgot the dress at the hotel!!!)

jessica@jessicalovephotography.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards