Catholic Weddings

How long does it take?

Does anyone know how long it takes after the inital meeting from the wedding coordinator, to find out if the church is going to marry you? My FI and I met with the coordinator at the end of Sept, we did the whole thing where they seperate you and ask you questions about each other. Then he said he was going to give the paper work to the priest and they would let me know with in a couple weeks. It's almost the end of October and I still haven't heard anything. Not to mention I am having a hard time getting a hold of people at the church. My FI needed to start his classes to make his sacraments and he did start, I'm wondering if this has anything to do with them waiting so long to give us an answer. Please help, does anyone know how long it's going to take. We would really like to book a venue already.

Thanks for your help.

Re: How long does it take?

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think there's any sort of standard answer... sorry. Our church booked us in right away.

Keep trying, otherwise Advent will start and they'll get buy. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • MelindaM83MelindaM83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh no your right! I definitely can't wait till advent starts, I'll have a harder time getting in contact with them. Yeah, I guess I'll just have to be a bit more persistant. I mean, I'm not trying to be bothersome...but we can only afford a handful of venues, so if they get booked up were kind of screwed.
  • edited December 2011
    Can you contact the priest or deacon and tell him that you are having a hard time getting in contact with the coordinator? Our church booked our wedding right away even before we started the marriage prep. H already went there before moving out of state and we both knew the priest and deacon really well.
  • edited December 2011
    UGH!!  I know your pain!  We've been working with our (out of state) church since the first week of June and we're still not "inked" in.  "Penciled" in, but the priest won't let us book our date until some paperwork comes through.  My FI's uncle is a priest in the Philippines, and he's going to marry us- but the church won't confirm it until they get the right paperwork to show his uncle is in "good standing."  We took a chance and booked everything anyway.  Hopefully they'll let us know soon so I won't have to have my wedding in the parking lot.  LOL
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our priest penciled us in right away, and then inked us in as soon I as emailed him to tell him we started marriage prep.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our priest put us in right away after meeting him.  It may vary depending on the parish, however.
  • edited December 2011
    We were having a similar issue getting ahold of our churches. We are actually doing our prep classes in Dallas and the wedding in Houston.. It really is difficult to get ahold of people in the church UNLESS you know someone in that church. Luckily we are friends with the coordinator in Houston but we had an extremely difficult time getting our sponsor couple and whatnot in Dallas. Be persistant, nothing is wrong with that, Lord knows I was. GL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    not sure what to tell you. .Our church booked our day before we started any classes or any meetings so i am not sure. .

Talk to the Father or deacon and see if they can help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards