Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

rsvp question

damn..did i make my rsvp date too early? it feels like im having to harass over 1/2 the guest list...expeciall my out of town family...and we are getting alot of...we are still trying to see if we can make it work by the 25th... is this normal? ;\
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 223 invited
image 139 are ready to party!
image 87 have better things to do
image 4 cannot find the mailbox

RSVP Date: July 20

Re: rsvp question

• Options
    When does your venue/caterer need their final headcount?  I'd let your OOT family know you need a final answer a day or 2 before whatever the caterer's date is.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When did you set your RSVP date?  When did you need your final number to your caterer.  Typically you take the date you need your final number and add about a week to a week and a half to it to set your RSVP date.  This allows for last minute RSVPs and for you to call those who never responded.  If this is what you did then you are fine.

• Options
    i set the rsvp date fro July 20th. we had to pay the venue already based on the estimate we were orinigally working off ( 200) and we need to submit a final count to them by August 9th - so since it will be lower, they will credit us after the event.  The caterer needs a count by the 9th also.  

It's the 31st...and im still tracking down sooo many people..lol 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 223 invited
    image 139 are ready to party!
    image 87 have better things to do
    image 4 cannot find the mailbox

RSVP Date: July 20
  • Options
    I don't think it was too early. Our RSVP date was about a month before the wedding because we needed to get final head counts in 2 weeks before the event. It really took us that whole time to get people to RSVP. I understand your frustration! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Where are all these venues/caterers that need a final headcount 3 weeks out?  I've heard of soft counts 2 weeks out, but every place I've ever worked with doesn't need final numbers until 5 days at the earliest.
  • Options
    Not too early.

We are getting married October 6th and the RSVP date is September 6th. The venue needs to know 2 weeks before. I wanted to give myself 2 weeks to stalk people who loss the ability to find the mailbox.
    105 Were asked to party image 97 Are ready to do "The Wobble" image 8 Aren't any fun imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards