Snarky Brides

My parent's make me warm and fuzzy

No real point to this post, just a feel good story.

My parents are on freecycle and today they see a post come across "Wanted: any household items, any baby items, please help". They call the poster to see if she wants some of my old college dishes that are still chilling at her house and get a resounding yes.

Turns out, this poor lady is in her 20's, has a 1 year old and a 2 year old, and her husband walked out on her and kicked her out of the house. She is currently living with HIS mother and just rented an apt, but has nothing to put in it.

Mom and dad have been in this situation so far and have already put together 3 massive boxes of towels, plates, toilet paper, etc for her. I'm giving her my old Christmas tree, knives, and am still looking for more stuff.

They just make me so warm and fuzzy sometimes.

Re: My parent's make me warm and fuzzy

• Awww, that's awfully nice of you guys =)
  • I love feel good stories!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That's awesome! 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • That is a really nice story!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Aw, I love this story!
  • Your family amazes me Katie. You guys have so much good karma heading your way.
  • That's a great story. Your family sounds awesome.

My mom and stepdad were recently taking an old winter jacket of his to a thrift shop because it no longer fits. On the way, they stopped at a red light and saw a homeless man on the sidewalk, bundled up in newspapers. My mom handed him the jacket out the window and told him merry Christmas. She said he started crying and thanking them over and over again, then literally hugged the jacket.

Sounds like our families would get along. I hope to be as good as person as they are.
  • So wonderful  (:

I'm a potato!
  • Aww, thats so great. Sesh, your story almost made me cry.
  • What an awesome story. I wish I was closer to add some stuff.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Aw Sesh, I totally agree!

Unless your parents also tell bad jokes and embarrassing "When she was little" stories, in which case they must never meet or we'll be screwed!
  • I've never seen freecyle before so I brought up www.freecyle.com Is that the site you are referring to?  If not, what is the correct URL and if it is, can I sort by city/state? I have a bunch of stuff I'd like to give to someone that really needs it. (dishes, etc). 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_parents-warm-fuzzy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:133d4a58-5db5-44b7-b24d-c62339588e7cPost:0b660596-8e3a-4cb5-8286-ca48ece16181">Re: My parent's make me warm and fuzzy</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw Sesh, I totally agree! Unless your parents also tell bad jokes and embarrassing "When she was little" stories, in which case they must never meet or we'll be screwed!
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

My parents tell dirty jokes, is that okay? My mon probably shouldn't be around sensitive folk and my stepdad is goofy, so they tire you out pretty quick. And no, not many embarassing little kid stories for me. My brother, on the other hand....
  • ahhh - tried again with www.freecylce.org and this looks like what you are referring to.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_parents-warm-fuzzy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:133d4a58-5db5-44b7-b24d-c62339588e7cPost:317f9483-9099-45fb-865e-d554c09257ef">Re: My parent's make me warm and fuzzy</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never seen freecyle before so I brought up <a href="http://www.freecyle.com" rel="nofollow">www.freecyle.com</a> Is that the site you are referring to?  If not, what is the correct URL and if it is, can I sort by city/state? I have a bunch of stuff I'd like to give to someone that really needs it. (dishes, etc). 
    Posted by skippylouwho[/QUOTE]

When i googled it said .org.

KW, you inspired me to join my local. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards