September 2012 Weddings
Options

What are you behind on?

I feel like I'm behind on booking a cake baker and booking our honeymoon. Anyone else feel behind?

Re: What are you behind on?

• Options
    I still don't have a caterer!  So yes, I definitely feel behind!
  • Options
    I'm behind on those same things! The honeymoon we're working on now, but we still have to do cake, flowers, linens, and a million other things I don't care to think about! haha can you tell I'm getting a little stressed?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm behind on save the dates (have them, not addressed), getting a florist, and emailing a survey to my officient. But yesteray I finished my website! So there's that! I was waiting until I finished the website to send them out so no excuses now. I did like 30% of the survey so I'm going to plan to finish that tonight. Problem is, FI needs to fill out the same one so I'm sure to have to bug him for a while :)   Florist are probably getting busy for valentines day around now so I might wait until the week after valentines. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    In Response to What are you behind on?:
    [QUOTE booking our honeymoon
    Posted by MissOwl[/QUOTE]

Just remembered that too. Grrrr. We want to go to Oktoberfest so that really needs to be planned ASAP. I'm going to have a busy week :(
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    I feel super behind on our STD....we dont even have a design yet! I was having a really hard time finding something so my brothers gf graciously offered to design all of the stationary things for us. So far I have seen an invite that I LOVE but other than that we dont have any other pieces...as of Friday she had been working on another STD design for us all week but we have not seen it yet. I really want to get them out before the end of February so I am hoping that her design is exactly what I am looking for.

Also, we havent even started looking into booking our honeymoon yet. We have thrown around ideas but nothing is set and we dont even know prices yet...we have been putting it off due to wanting to get all of the other expenses paid for I just hope we dont put it off too long.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I feel behind too. We need to get on the honey moon...cars...linens...and yes as I'm writing this I'm getting anxiety so I'm going to stop haha
  • Options
    I'm not behind on anything but I'm a keener lol. I don't have anything "big" left undone at this point. We have to book a honeymoon but that's a year away so we can't even do it now if we wanted to. I do want FI to make an appt for tuxes and get him to visit bed bath and beyond with me but we still have time for that; february to-do list items!
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    my big things left are:
    honeymoon
    florist
    picking out invites (i feel i still have time on this though)
    DJ
    photobooth

those are pretty much the only things that still need to be "booked". hopefully will book honeymoon in the next 2 weeks, and then i plan on starting to talk to florists.
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • Options
    STD's! We don't even have photos done yet. 
  • Options
    Our honeymoon still isn't finalized... oh and I am still deciding what to do with linens. The resort supplies all white, so I am thinking of renting/purchasing something to change it up... maybe runners, or napkins, in one of our wedding colours. 
  • Options
    I don't really feel behind but I still need a florist and a bakery.  We have no honeymoon booked yet becasue I'm not sure what we are going to be able to afford.
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    222image 50image 19image
  • Options
    I still need a florist, baker, and bridal party attire but I don't feel "behind". I made a timeline for myself and I'm definitely on track.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm behind on STDs our wedding is the very beginning of sept and I still have no clue what I want. We need to do more work on the site and block of some more hotels. Other than that I'm think were on schedule but I always feel behind.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_behind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:c51fd5cc-4b44-4ea7-adac-8e129b4c9058Post:e8b6ce6e-8ea8-4559-a4b3-6122152a6589">Re: What are you behind on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I still don't have a caterer!  So yes, I definitely feel behind!
    Posted by jacquiroxx[/QUOTE]

<div>Same here! We've been playing phone tag with the caterer for a while -- when I think about it I have a mild freak out ;)</div>
    September 2012: May Sig
    Honeymoon Location: Punta Cana, DR
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    darnit, we haven't sent save the dates either. that's three things i feel behind on! argh! luckily and annoyingly, my FI is a graphic designer and is doing all the paper things. that means they'll be super customized but also means i'm at his whim as to when they get done. 
  • Options
    I feel like I'm ok with where I am, based on the timeline I made for myself. Met w/ the photographer today, and we'll book him later in the week, so that feels good. I emailed a potential caterer on Thursday, hope to hear back soon. Got a bead on a florist thanks to the photographer. I think we're leaning toward "wedding pies" instead of a cake, so no need for a cake. Need to get in touch with the DJ I'm leaning towards. We're doing a "mini-moon" right after the wedding, so I don't really feel pressured to book all that soon vs. a bigger trip- I mean, we take trips all the time, and we usually book 6-8 weeks out, not sure what would make this too different? Maybe the hotels since we want suites? I know which invitations I want, but won't order the for a little while yet.

The only thing that is bugging me is that we don't have an officiant yet. Need to talk to a chaplain that I like at the hospital where I work and see if he'll do it! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm behind on getting a photographer booked, but I'm meeting with four of them this week, so hopefully we'll have one picked out by Friday. :S
    Photobucket
  • Options
    cake and photo booth and caterer also honeymoon
  • Options
    Ummm, just about everything.

We NEED an officiant. The guy we want to do it has connections to my FI but he said there were certain religious requirements involved. Has FI gotten in touch with him to inquire about these req's? NO! I tell him every single day to try to call the guy and he just nods and says "Yeah I'll do it" and then nothing. We need to call places about cakes. We need to get our registries together, since my FMIL is now throwing me another shower. I need to get my dress altered. I need to find out wtf my BM's wanna wear. FI needs to figure out who else is in the wedding party (there is one good friend he wants in it, but the guy does some shady things sometimes).

*sigh* I think I need to cut my work hours so I can get crap done!
  • Options
    @cowgirl, i too wish i could cut work to play wedding.
  • Options
    Oh yeah...forget, we're totally behind on our guest list. I've finished mine, FI hasn't finished. his. He's all concerned about why I haven't finished the wedding website yet, but it doesn't matter since he hasn't even told me who I need to give the link to!
  • Options
    Everything.  Still have a month before I'll try on dresses.

We've only booked the place.  That's about it!
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Options
    A dress, I feel like everyone already has their dress picked out/ordered. Haven't even started on BM dresses! Wedding bands too, haven't stepped foot in the jewelry store.
    But, all the "Big Vendors" are booked so as long as I start on these things soon I should be OK.
    Honeymoon hasn't even entered my mind I've been so busy, but that is the first question everyone asks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards