Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Colors?!?! Tuxedos

Ok so we are getting married some time in fall 2011 (date TBD - hopefully soon!) and I was thinking that I love burnt orange or a type of red for my girls, but has anyone heard of/seen the groomsmen being in chocolate brown? If so, did you like it?

Re: Colors?!?! Tuxedos

• Options
    edited December 2011

I haven't seen it in person, but like the idea of chocolate brown suits for the fall!  I'd go the suit and tie route instead of brown tux, but I'm partial of course - we did tan suits.  IMO, if you do tuxes, you should alway do black.

I say a brown suit with a burnt orange tie would look awesome against girls in burnt orange dresses.  What I think would look even better is a platinum or gray colored suit with burnt orange ties...love that combo.  Still autumn-ish, but more modern.
    Pasted some pics of both below :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hmm I dunno if I could picture a chocolate brown suit or tux but I think tan would be really nice with a fall colored tie...

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having the groomsmen rent brown tuxes from men's wearhouse. You can mix and match colors. I was going to have them buy brown suits but I didn't want everyone to have to spend a lot.

Lisa & Chris September 3, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Husband and his groomsmen wore chocolate brown tuxes in our wedding last weekend.
    They wore like a bone or champagne colored vest with a fucshia tie and it looked really awesome.
    My girls also wore dresses that were champagne, fuschia and chocolate brown so they coordinated really well.

I don't have any pro-pics back yet but here are a couple of pics that the guys are in so you can see.

Married September 25,2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Vendor Reviews
  • Options
    megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Jesibel- I love the look of a grey suit with an orange tie.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for all of your comments!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I was in a wedding and the guys wore chocolate brown. I love the look!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with jesibel that for fall, a brown suit with an orange tie sounds lovely!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards