Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Honeyfund Registry

Does anyone have any experience using the honeyfund registry?  I'm thinking about using it and wanted to get some feedback first.

Re: Honeyfund Registry

• Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_honeyfund-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:8f788b12-3fba-4367-900c-dda0b423d9f2Post:b02e2639-d23c-4f14-abd7-16ed076a81ef">Re: Honeyfund Registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bad idea. It's not better than asking for cash and all of these HM registries charge a fee as well. So if your guest contributes $100, you may only see $90 of it. A better idea would be to create a small registry and then allow it to spread by word of mouth that you guys are saving for an awesome HM/house/car/etc. Your guests will get the idea.
    Posted by pantherRN[/QUOTE]

This.
  • Options
    pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bad idea.

It's not better than asking for cash and all of these HM registries charge a fee as well. So if your guest contributes $100, you may only see $90 of it.

A better idea would be to create a small registry and then allow it to spread by word of mouth that you guys are saving for an awesome HM/house/car/etc. Your guests will get the idea.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    britters29britters29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I'm actually just looking to hear from people who have actually used one.  I understand that alot of people on here are against honeymoon registries, but I am not against it and neither is my family. They think its a great idea.  So my fiance and I are going to set one up.  Now I just need advise from someone who has actually used one.
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would maybe post on weddingbee or weddingwire...In general, boards on theknot.com are not gonna help you with this.  People will just jump on you for having poor etiquette by having a honeymoon registry.

Best of luck.
  • Options
    britters29britters29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure there are indivuals on theknot who have used a honeymoon registry.  It's unrealistic to think otherwise.  Again, just looking for responses  from people who have used it.  Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Even if people think doing a honeymoon registry is fine, do you think that your family would still be ok with it if they know they know that 10% of the money they gift you isn't going to you? It really is a scam, and a waste of their money. I use marriott points like crazy, but I would have never set up a honeymoon registry with them. It's a waste to do a honeymoon registry. If your family and friends are fine with a honeymoon registry, then I'm sure they are fine giving you cash instead.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards