Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Wine help

We are buying all of the alcohol for our wedding. Any suggestions for good but not too expensive wine?  We are having a bottled open at every table (25 tables) and then additional wine at the bar with the beer and liquor.

A wedding is a party, not a performance. If at the end of the day you are married to the one you love, then everything went perfectly.

Re: Wine help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    $10-$15 around :) not more
    A wedding is a party, not a performance. If at the end of the day you are married to the one you love, then everything went perfectly.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've really been enjoying Rex Goliath Cabernet Sauvignon and Dry Creek Fume Blanc lately.  They come in a little less than your target price (I think like 8 and 11 respectively?). 

Clos du Bois and La Crema are also really popular and tasty Pinot Noir options for a bit more money.

• Options
    amyb140amyb140 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Menage a Trois is a really great red table wine - I usually buy it at Target for $10-$12 a bottle.  I don't think their white is nearly as good FWIW.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I usually go with J. Lohr Cabernet Sauvingon or Estancia Pinot Noir, both are ~$14 at Publix. For white, I usually go with anything from Chateau Ste. Michelle.

For a little bit nicer and a bit more expensive, La Crema Pinot Noir and Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio are both wonderful and in the low to mid $20 range.
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll second Chateau St. Michelle and Santa Margherita.  I'll add La Postale and Valley of the Moon to the list for a great cab.

You said you are going to have one at each table?  How many people will you have a at each table because you can only get 4 glasses out of each bottle.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, Publix, Total Wine and The Grape offer wine club discounts. If you buy a certain number of bottles at one time, they give you a certain amount off of each bottle. ABC Liquors may do something similiar. Also, hit up local wineries. You can find some well-priced local wines that taste fantastic.
  • Options
    kbn22273kbn22273 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what is your menu?  that'll help determine the good wine choices. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went with Hogue's Pinot Grigio for my white and got it 30% during Washington Wines week, so it was 4.15 a bottle. Woot woot. It is a yummy one too.  Haven't picked my red yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the Clos du bois (for reds) and La Crema (their chardonnay is good also)
  • Options
    Abby10101Abby10101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Just saw Lounge Attire Cocktail Cranberries featured on the Wine Enthusiast website! They'll look fabulous in your drinks!

http://loungeattire.com/drink/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards