Wedding Etiquette Forum

Make up & Hair

Just wondering if the Bride or the Bridesmaid pay for the Bridesmaids hair and make up??

Re: Make up & Hair

• I have no requirements they can wear it however they like. I have a hair and make up artist coming to do my hair and the girls if they would like. I was just wondering if I pay for that, or do they.
  • I paid for hair and make up for one of my Bridesmaids since she came to the salon with me and I had some extra money left over. It's a nice thing to do but it's not required unless you're telling them exactly how to wear their hair and requesting professional make up. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If you are letting them do their hair and makeup however they want, you don't have to pay for it.  You say "I am having a stylist come do my hair and makeup at 1pm...  If you want to use her for your hair and makeup, it is $XXX per person.   Let me know if you want to use her, so I can give her the # of people who want hair and makeup done".

or.. something along those lines.

• thank you for the tips! i was lost! :0)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_make-up-hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2ac35bb-3253-4dd1-a987-97bb20ac6228Post:4a7f6ccb-cffd-4864-bc9e-9468c6ceefea">Re: Make up & Hair</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are letting them do their hair and makeup however they want, you don't have to pay for it.  You say "I am having a stylist come do my hair and makeup at 1pm...  If you want to use her for your hair and makeup, it is $XXX per person.   Let me know if you want to use her, so I can give her the # of people who want hair and makeup done". or.. something along those lines.
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

I think this is perfect way to handle
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_make-up-hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2ac35bb-3253-4dd1-a987-97bb20ac6228Post:4a7f6ccb-cffd-4864-bc9e-9468c6ceefea">Re: Make up & Hair</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are letting them do their hair and makeup however they want, you don't have to pay for it.  You say<strong> "I am having a stylist come do my hair and makeup at 1pm...  If you want to use her for your hair and makeup, it is $XXX per person.   Let me know if you want to use her, so I can give her the # of people who want hair and makeup done".</strong> or.. something along those lines.
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

This.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge: Cake image
  • I only had two bridesmaids (my sister and his sister), so we all went to the salon together, and my mother graciously offered to pay for everyone's hair and makeup (mine, the BMs, hers, and MILs).   However, I would never dream of MAKING anyone get their hair done professionally if they didn't want to.

If you can afford to offer hair/make-up service, then that's awesome.  If not, then don't worry -- there is no need to pay for their hair/make-up unless you (for some reason ) REQUIRE that it be done professionally.
    DSC_9275
  • I paid for my girls hair and makeup, but didn't require them to do it a specific way.  I just felt like everyone appareciates a little pampering everyon once in awhile.

Although H was a bit shocked when he saw exactly how much that check was for  (10 girls total, including me and my readers)...it was worth it though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards