Oklahoma
Options

Dress Shopping?

Hey OKC Ladies!

For those who have begun dress shopping, where have you gone so far?  Any good or bad experiences?  I'd love to find something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, but haven't heard much about anywhere besides David's Bridal and Moliere Bridal.  I'd love to try a few different places, and would be happy to hear any feedback that any of you may have.  Thanks, ladies!
Anniversary

Re: Dress Shopping?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to David's Bridal, so I'm not much help!  Sorry!  There is an Alfred Angelo up on the North side as well!  I have to go up there to try on a BM's dress for my sister's wedding
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm...I've read some very mixed reviews of Alfred Angelo, but they have some pretty dresses...let me know what you think when you're done with that!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I went to David's Bridal (IT WAS A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!) and Alfred Angelo (GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!) but I ended up having my dress made by Moe at Bridal Showroom. 

I knew I wasn't going to find what I wanted (3/4 sleeves, knee length, corset back) off the rack, so I had to go with a custom.  It's more than I had planned on spending, but you have to also take into account that I will not have to pay for any alterations.  So, to me, it was worth it.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_dress-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:127Discussion:8ef8be50-8dc0-4fcc-924d-cadf278e0555Post:dd246a22-d590-4cb1-938f-f1c47c1a8bd6">Re: Dress Shopping?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to David's Bridal (IT WAS A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!) and Alfred Angelo (GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!) but I ended up having my dress made by Moe at Bridal Showroom.  I knew I wasn't going to find what I wanted (3/4 sleeves, knee length, corset back) off the rack, so I had to go with a custom.  It's more than I had planned on spending, but you have to also take into account that I will not have to pay for any alterations.  So, to me, it was worth it.
    Posted by Tisha.[/QUOTE]

I had a great experience at David's Bridal.  However, I've not gone to the one here yet.  I went in Ohio.  But I have to go to this one to get it altered.  Yet, I went to Alfred Angelo once and it was a bad experience!
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    smads06smads06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Meg Guess, they were having a sample sale. Originally my dress was $1,350 but after the discount, I got it for $405 and the sample was in great condition. There is just one button that needs to be replaced. 
    The girls there are wonderful also. Overall, it was a great experience. 
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is another thread about this same topic that mentions some other stores.  I was surprised how many there are around OKC.  You might try and find that thread.

I got my dress from Bella Rose in Edmond and they have a wide price range from as low as $300 i think all the way up to around $3,000 I think is what they told me.  I HIGHLY recommend that store.  They have just been wonderful to me.

Bridal Boutique in Norman is also really good.

Good Luck.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone, for all of the info...I appreciate it!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Alfred Angelo and had a great experience.  We went on a Friday afternoon and had the whole store to ourselves.  The staff was super friendly and very patient with my VERY EXCITED soon-to-be stepdaughter (she's 7).  Plus my dresses came in really fast; only took about 2 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards