June 2012 Weddings

Invite question

My MOH sister thinks her child's father is coming to the wedding. I never planned on inviting him because I barely know his name and I never had a conversation with him. I'm already inviting my MOH child's father and they are not even together anymore(another story). I've told my MOH 2 or 3 times that I cannot add him because we are already over our limit of people to invite. I just feel its my wedding and why do I have to invite her baby's dad.

So do I have to invite him to my wedding?

Re: Invite question

• If they are together, yes. If not, then no. Couples should always be invited together.
  • Well they don't live together. 

Thank you
  • Are they in a relationship even though they don't live together?
    If so, then you need to invite the significant other.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_invite-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5e6d38a3-712c-4daa-8629-4bc2c9f54885Post:90847c94-612a-4097-a722-b9149a882c20">Re: Invite question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are they in a relationship even though they don't live together? If so, then you need to invite the significant other.
    Posted by KrisKenny[/QUOTE]

<div>They are in a relationship now but I just don't care for the guy and why should I have pay for a free loader. I know that's mean but if I invite him then I would have to uninvite one of my family members. We are on strict budget now because I lost my job and now working part time. I guess I'm going to have to work something out. </div>
  • Sorry, you do have to invite him. And he's not her child's father, he's her boyfriend/partner, whatever name she gives him. 

One of my mother's friend's husband is a cheating bastard whom I've met exactly one time in my life. Do I really want to invite a man I barely know who cheats on his wife to my wedding? Nope. But he's invited anyway.

Also, you can't "uninvite" someone who has received an STD/invitation.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_invite-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5e6d38a3-712c-4daa-8629-4bc2c9f54885Post:1c6888cd-3c0b-44ac-9f21-fd0c3b07f209">Re: Invite question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry, you do have to invite him. And he's not her child's father, he's her boyfriend/partner, whatever name she gives him.  One of my mother's friend's husband is a cheating bastard whom I've met exactly one time in my life. Do I really want to invite a man I barely know who cheats on his wife to my wedding? Nope. But he's invited anyway. Also, you can't "uninvite" someone who has received an STD/invitation.
    Posted by daria24[/QUOTE]

<div>I sure do hate that, I think its so unfair because they create so much drama everywhere they go, he is extremely jealous, he thinks every man wants her. And that's simply not the case. I don't know how I'm going to make it happen because paying for an extra person is soooo not in the budget right now. I will be doing a lot praying. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards