Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

had our meeting with our cake lady!

So excited about our cake. Our cake decorator is the wife of a family friend and does some of the best piping in town.   our top and bottom flavor will be guiness chocolate, while the middle teir will be dark chocolate mocha. the filling will be a heath crunxch butter creme and a true italian butter creme as the outside frosting. the cake tasting was amazing! 

One question though. we were so pleased with Maria tha we haven't really looked anywhere else. Is $4 a slice a good price??

Re: had our meeting with our cake lady!

• cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $4 a piece seems about average.
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds average from what I've seen.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • rascal17rascal17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on your area but its seems normal/average to me. I make wedding cakes out of my apartment and I charge $3/serving
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
  • courtchacecourtchace member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yes, $4 is a good price per serving. I think ours came to $5 per serving but we are also doing fondant. I've seen alot of other bakeries in my area charing 7-8 per serving which is crazy to me! We think we got a good price especially because the baker and owners husband is going to be on the next season of The Next Great Baker on TLC. I keep thinking at least we booked them before they get publicity and up their prices! haha

• FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $4/slice is on the low end of average in my experience.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • MrsHoward11MrsHoward11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you everyone! I'm going to book her asap! 
  • blue1981blue1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $4 a slice seems pretty good for a delicious and well decorated cake..
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards