North Carolina
Options

It's been a while :)

Hi everyone! It has been a long while since I have been on this board. Life has been crazy and wonderful after my husband and I got married in October. I've been brainstorming ideas for a great anniversary gift and needed some help from you all. My husband loves to cook, works as a manager of the kitchen in a restaurant, so I was thinking of setting up a dinner with a chef. Either at a chef's table in a nice restaurant, or at a place like A Chef's Kitchen (only problem is that it's in Williamsburg, VA, ugh!) I'd absolutely love to do a place like the latter listed, where they teach you how to prepare the food you are eating. Staying within a four/five hour drive would be ideal (We live on the coast in NC), but driving out to the mountains is not out of the picture- we'd have a 2 day period to travel and stay the night, etc. Thanks everyone, and best of luck to all the brides getting married soon! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 135 Invited
image 105 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 need to check their mailboxes!
RSVP Date: Sept 08
http://jennieweaver.blogspot.com/

Re: It's been a while :)

• Options
    Have you checked into local Bed & Breakfasts that employ Chefs?
    Theres one on the OBX, 'The Inn at Pamlico Sound'. DH and I went there a few years back and LOVEEED it. THey employ a high ranking chef usually. You could always try calling places like that and see if they offered anything like what you're looking for. :o)

Glad everything is going swell and congrats on your upcoming anniversary!! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    That's a great idea! :) Looked at the Inn on Pamlico Sound and it looks gorgeous! I'm leaving for a 10 week internship away from home so I'm trying to plan ahead while I'm not swamped with school stuff! Hope everything is going great with you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 135 Invited
    image 105 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 need to check their mailboxes!
    RSVP Date: Sept 08
    http://jennieweaver.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    I don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for, but there's a chef's table in the kitchen at the Angus Barn. Some friends have done it a couple of times and say that Chef Walter Royal is very attentive. I think it only accommodates 2-4 people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards