September 2012 Weddings
Options

am i stressed?

So I just feel like venting about something  I have RA (rheumtoid arthritis) no its not your typical grandmothers arthritis-- not even in the same category. I found out I had it about a year ago. I have to get infusions every 8 weeks to keep it under control. My last infusion July 30th I had a terrible reaction, swollen glands, muscle pains, flu like symptoms. Its not getting better. Im 13 days away from my wedding and I feel overwhelmed like thanks RA for kicking me in the gut once again. Im trying to keep up with school work, i work and than I also make desserts for my fiance resturant, so I have to make triple the amount of desserts for when I leave for wedding and honeymoon. I also have a ton of things that need to be done for the wedding and im 13 days away!!!!!

Re: am i stressed?

• Options
    We had a family friend with RA and she always said that stress could make it worse for her.

I know it's hard to cut down on the things you have to do but if you can I'd take a look at your list and figure out if you can cut down some things. Is there no one else that can help with the desserts for the restaurant?  Can you get help for some of your wedding DIY?  It will help your peace of mind and might help your RA.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fiance  is going to try to help me
  • Options
    Anything autoimmune wlll get worse with too little rest and too much stress. I agree with looking really closely at what is on your current list and doing only what is an absolute MUST. Not like-to, want-to. I'd try to get a day or two of real rest in, if you can. RA is a sonofabitch, a good friend was dx'd at age 2, so while living with it is her "normal," and always has been, she still struggles with finding a balance between what she wants to do and what's realistic.She'll sometimes overcommit with her volunteer work and keeping her garden, and will end up sick and missing work. Your health has to come first. Honestly, what you have on your plate would leave me beat, and I'm healthy. Get whatever help you can, and get some rest! Take care of yourself!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards