Just Engaged and Proposals

Is engaged!

who knew how happy I'd be! Romantic dinner at the melting pot and a new engagement ring! Now, the stressful part! Where to have the wedding. We live in his families state, but mine is halfway across the country. How do u compromise?

Re: Is engaged!

• Congratulations!

Have you and your FI set a date?  Start there.  Then set a budget.  Prices for wedding items will vary from state to state.  No matter what someone will have to travel so get married where you and your FI want to.  If you can't decide between where your family is and where his is, think about doing a destination wedding.

Good luck and enjoy your engagement!
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congratulations!
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I agree with one of the previous posters.  Set a date, a budget, and start to develop a tentative guest list.  Once you have this, you can price compare and see what state makes more sense price wise and emotionally.  If you've always dreamed of getting married in your home town and you think you can handle planning long distance, I have a feeling your fiancee will be fine with it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Thank you, everyone. The excitement is great, just the planning process is overwhelming
  • Congratulations on your engagement! 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    congrats and happy planning!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards