Illinois-Chicago
Options

How many guests are you inviting to your shower and how did you decide who to invite?

My MOH is hosting and asked me to give her a guest list and asked what kind of shower I wanted. I said all that I asked was that it didn't end up being over the top expensive.

How many did you invite and how did you determine who got the invite?

Re: How many guests are you inviting to your shower and how did you decide who to invite?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We split the guest list up by sides. For the shower that my sister and BMs are hosting, we gave them the list of family and friends that were invited by my side of the family. They then decided how many of those people they were going to invite with some help from my mom. I did the same for the shower that FI's sisters are hosting. Most of the people invited were family and close friends.

I think my sister and BMs invited about 40 people. I'm guessing it's about the same for the other shower as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having 2--one for FMILs side and one of my friends. Each has like 20-25 people invited.
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_many-guests-inviting-shower-did-decide-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:0c00c44c-7728-449e-9f89-e708f8a00d98Post:f157ed10-b9b6-4304-8686-cc1345fc586f">Re: How many guests are you inviting to your shower and how did you decide who to invite?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having 2--one for FMILs side and one of my friends. Each has like 20-25 people invited.
    Posted by MrsPaps[/QUOTE]

this! except my mom was invited to both :) I gave my BM's a list of friends I wanted invited, and FMIL asked me who I wanted from my side to invite to the one she is throwing.
  • Options
    mscramuzzomscramuzzo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also having two (not what I wanted, but I have to give in to my FMIL at some point before she really hates me!)

My mom and sister are hosting the one for my side of the family. For this one, we invited family and my close friends that I wanted to be in attendance. That decision was pretty easy because the other one is going to be 6 hours away in central Iowa. :( That will just be family on my FMILs side.

First one will be about 30 people (but keep in mind my mom is child number 8 of 11 - 5th of 7 girls) plus cousins and a handful of friends.

Other one will probably be around 15.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, we are having 3 for our 250 person wedding. FIs aunt is hosting one for his family and I think that is around 40. My mom is hosting one and that is also around 40 (my mom has 6 sisters so there are a lot of women). FIs family friend is also hosting one for around 10 people.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am having 3 - 1 is hosted by FI's aunts in Ohio...should be about 30 people.  MOH & my mom are hosting one here in Oak Brook - 50 people, and FMIL's friends are hosting one here in Hinsdale- 20 people

image **Married 7/9/11**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards