Getting in Shape
Options

YAY! 10lb mark

I have reached my 10lb mark! Yay! I'm down 10.4. Eating tons of veggies and tons of protein does help!
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: YAY! 10lb mark

• Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Congrats!  I'm at the 5 lb. mark and cant wait to get where you are!  Any tips on how to get lots of veggies into my diet?  Fresh food takes a lot of work!
  • Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_yay-10lb-mark?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:3a70433a-3eaf-4df5-8b93-e05e331ab394Post:11f5be4c-63da-432f-9233-e62638e92b4f">Re: YAY! 10lb mark</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!  I'm at the 5 lb. mark and cant wait to get where you are!  Any tips on how to get lots of veggies into my diet?  Fresh food takes a lot of work!
    Posted by adelaide03[/QUOTE]

I find that eating raw veggies is the easiest way. I buy the baby carrots or pre-cut celery sticks and munch on those. Cucumbers can be easily eaten raw as well.

I know it's not fresh but I have also found the Just for One (or something like that) frozen vegetables from Green Giant are easy. It takes just a few minutes to heat up and taste pretty good.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In the last 6 months I lost 27lbs which isn't alot butoh well. Congrats

• Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_yay-10lb-mark?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:3a70433a-3eaf-4df5-8b93-e05e331ab394Post:f1538f03-4357-4031-8d0a-d31a7ce2e0e2">Re: YAY! 10lb mark</a>:
    [QUOTE]In the last 6 months I lost 27lbs which isn't alot butoh well. Congrats
    Posted by iloveu4ever[/QUOTE]

It is a lot, and by you saying that your 27 lbs isn't, you're making it sound like her 10lbs isn't worth celebrating despite the fact that it's a big milestone.

OP:  Congratulations on your 10lbs!  i was so excited when I hit that goal because I felt like 10 = finally totally succeeding.  Keep up the great work!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_yay-10lb-mark?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:3a70433a-3eaf-4df5-8b93-e05e331ab394Post:d965d648-b647-48e5-a0be-3eb172fcaaa6">Re: YAY! 10lb mark</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: YAY! 10lb mark : It is a lot, nd by you saying that your 27 lbs isn't, you're making it sound like her 10lbs isn't worth celebrating despite the fact that it's a big milestone. OP:  Congratulations on your 10lbs!  i was so excited when I hit that goal because I felt like 10 = finally totally succeeding.  Keep up the great work!
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Agree completely.

And to the poster that asked about fresh veggies--take some time to meal plan.  Plan out some meals for the week, and healthy breakfasts and lunches.  On your grocery shopping day, take the time to do the annoying prep work--washing/peeling/chopping fruits and veggies.  Put them in clear containers at eye level (or as close as possible) in the fridge.  If they're ready and visible, you're much more likely to grab them as a snack, or be able to whip up a healthy dinner in less time.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Congrats!!! I want to do what you did!! So exciting!!

I agree with the fridge comment. Whatever you see first you are more likely to eat.
  • Options
    Congrats! You should be proud :)
    BabyFruit Ticker www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats! Wish I could get a good result like you! Just make my plans for yoga!
  • Options
    I keep the frozen veggies you can steam in the bag handy... I found I love green beans. I also find ideas for recipes on this board. I keep frozen fruits to use in greek yogurt smoothies, and I drink tons of water to help move the fiber along.  I also found dehyrated green bean chips and kale chips which help fill in the need for the potato chip crunch. They are yummy!  I didn't think they would be but they are. I learned to be inventive with ground turkey, chicken and white fish... I also made tuna patties and they were yum! Variety is the spice of life.. meal planning helps. 

I also do cardio and some weight lifting. I workout for at least  the bare minimum (usually weekends) 30 mins. But as long as I do something I feel accomplished.

I journal my food as well as how I feel that day to help keep track.

I upped the protein. I was eating too many carb centered snacks (pretzels, triscuits;etc) and not enough protein snacks (nuts, jerky;etc)

And I try to stay optomistic no matter how hopeless it feels sometimes.. And most of all I have you guys to help keep me motivated---so most of all thank you ladies for your support! :)

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards