Oregon

Arista Ballroom - any experience?

Has anyone gotten married at the Arista Ballroom or had any experience with them? I fell in love with it when I checked it out and want to put a deposit down.

Re: Arista Ballroom - any experience?

• thomasjulieorthomasjulieor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The people that own the Arista also own the Acadian.  I have to say they were the worst part of my wedding day.  I fell in love with them when I visited both the ballrooms but the day of it all feel apart.  They had their son be our day of event manager and he was a total jerk and everything had to run on his schedule and it didn't flow with the reception.  Not knowing who he was I went in and met with the female coordinator and she was awful (she was the one who helped us plan our reception including menu and misc).  She failed to mention that her and her husband own the places and it was their son in charge of our day.  I would suggest keep looking.  I agree with you... they were really nice during our visits, but the outcome sucked!!!

Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree, the place is beautiful... what wasn't beautiful is the price.  When we went to look at the venue they weren't very forthcoming about all the "extras" even though they said "there are no hidden costs" yeah right. 

make sure that when they say the DJ is included that you know it actually costs $950 (or more) for the evening and that the ceremony and/or reception fees are spelled out.  after several emails we finally found out that it was going to be about $2000 over what we were originally told

good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards