Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Addressing hand delivered invitations

Hello, I'm planning on hand delivering most of my invites to local family members and some co-workers. How do I go about addressing these envelopes? Do I just put their full names on it (plus their significant other), or do I put the full name and address as if they were being delivered through the mail? Note: I only have an outer envelope. Thanks ladies.

Maya
(ISSR Shiloh Shepherd)
wedding websites

Re: Addressing hand delivered invitations

• Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited September 2010
    Etiquette-wise, you should really mail all of your invitations, so there isn't really proper etiquette for addressing them if you plan to hand-deliver.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    I just wrote the full names on the ones we plan to hand deliver.  No need to write the addy if you aren't mailing them :)
  • Options
    I don't know that it's improper to deliver invitations by hand.  As long as you address the invitation appropriately and don't hand invitations to people in front of those you're not inviting, this does not seem to be a faux pas at all.

I would address the invitation exactly as you would one that you intend to mail though.
  • Options
    I would say just do full names but not their addresses... full names seem more like "I wanted to hand deliver this to you," where an address might make it seem like you just decided to be cheap and skimp out on postage at the last minute.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards