Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Pampered Chef Registry

OK here's the deal. I have lived with my fiance for the past two years and we really don't need anything. I plan on registering for a few things to "upgrade" (you know, something nicer than our five dollar toaster) but that's it. I know a woman who does pampered chef and she insists on throwing me a party. What do I do? I barely cook as it is and I don't want to do a "shower" with pampered chef! I don't want to have my friends&family buy overpriced things that I barely need.

Re: Pampered Chef Registry

• Options
    Decline the party.  If she's "Oh, but...." put your foot down.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Just say thanks, but no thanks. Tell her you don't cook much and it would not be a good fit for you.
  • Options
    Just politely decline the shower.  If she insists, be firm.  

It sounds like it's not a good fit for you anyway, but these parties sound pretty uncomfortable--basically the person throwing the party tries to get your guest to buy you stuff that they sell.  
  • Options
    If it makes you uncomfortable, decline. One of my mom's best friend does Pampered Chef and she asked me if I wanted to have a shower. She is a very good friend and if I did it, it would be more to help her out than to help me. Honestly, I have no problem with direct sale companies. I just don't like the idea of having people sit in a room with the intention of buying things for me. Plus, since I haven't had a regular shower yet, I have no idea what will be left that I need.

On the other hand, it can work for some. Another friend of mine had a daughter getting married & moving to Italy (I'm so jealous). There are a lot of kitchen gadgets that are common here, but extremely hard or expensive to find there. She had a family-only Pampered Chef party where her mom, aunts & cousins pitched in to get her some of the other items that she could use. Then they had to ship it all there. 

So, it may work for some. If it makes you uncomfortable, don't do it. If you want to, maybe you can offer to host a party for her AFTER you're married. 
  • Options
    Thank you for all your help! I told her we decided on one small registry and she tried to offer something else. I ended up saying "thanks for your help, I'll let you know if we change our minds!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards