Pre-wedding Parties
Options

vegas bachelorette!

Just wondering if anyone has planned/had a vegas bachelorette party. I am looking into one and trying to figure out around a budget. That way to see a ballpark and if it is feasible. Thanks!
June 2013 Sig Challenge image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: vegas bachelorette!

• Options
    Is this your own b-party or are you planning for a friend?  If it's your own, make sure you don't throw your own bachelorette party.

Either way, a budget depends greatly on what you do and what hotel you stay at. Plus you'd need airfare from over on the East Coast. I would talk to the other people who might attend and see what their budget is and if they'd even be able to afford to make that trip for a b-party.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    To be very honest I think it's very rude to expect people to spend hundreds of dollars and take time off work for a b party. It's ridiculous

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My MOH asked me what my ideal b-party would be and I said Vegas. (She had planned a Vegas b-party a couple years ago for her SIL.) Then, she emailed the bridal party and other friends to see if people thought it was feasible and would be able to attend. She got enough yeses so ended up booking a suite in the MGM Signature. I believe it's like $250 per person for 3 nights (Thursday-Sunday).

Flights were annoyingly expensive this summer for some reason from the East Coast-Vegas. From DC it would be like $550 (I used points thank god). Friends flying from Ohio said flights were around $450. Almost everyone used frequent flyer miles for the flights so that was a huge money saver.

I don't really get the negativity with Vegas bachelorette's and people getting all defensive...nobody is required to go. Several members of my bridal party and other friends decided not to go due to cost. I understand and didnt give anyone a hard time. MOH invited about 12 people and 6 are going. It's pretty common among my friends to go to Vegas for b-parties...everyone seems to have so much fun there! :)

As far as spending money, I always spend too muh there. I think I brought $500 cash the last time I went (3 nights there). I'm bringing more this time because I don't want my girlfriends trying to pay for everything for me. However, you can get REALLY cheap hotels. I used to go all the time when I lived in San Diego. I've seen the best deals in February....like $30/night for hotel rooms. Flights also usually wouldnt be more than $350 or so from the East Coast.
  • Options
    Thank you for all the information! Just trying to see a number to start with because I had no idea!
    June 2013 Sig Challenge image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Your best bet might be to look at a site like Expedia where you can look up hotels and airfare in one place. As a budgetting tool it's always helpful. 

Also, it's possible there might be good travel deals occassionally. Maybe on bloomspot.com? Hotel deals on Jetsetter?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options
    If you may be interested in having a Unique Boutique home party, i can give away round trip airfare tickets for two ;) ..That should cover you! If interested, message me and i will sendyou my website ! ;) My info is also in my bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards