Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

wedding insurance?

Hey ladies!

Have any of you purchased wedding insurance? I can't decide if it's really neccesary or not. My wedding is at the Board of Trade in late September. So yes, it's during hurricane season. I tried looking at wedsafe.com but was confused by how they broke everything down... So, just wondering, are you getting insurance, or not?

thanks!
-bek
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: wedding insurance?

• Options
    I didn't bother to get it, but I can see how that would be an important consideration during hurricane season.  What happens though?  Do they reimburse you the amount and you replan your wedding for another day?
  • Options
    egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    How do your vendors handle hurricanes?  All of the places we talked to had provisions for hurricanes. Discuss specifically what would trigger this provision (hurricane/tropical storm in the gulf vs. mandatory evacuation for the city and everything in between) and ask them to write that in the contract as well.  
  • Options
    I'm also getting married during hurricane season (late September) and I did get insurance through Travelers.  I got the amount of coverage that basically equated to the amount of money I am spending on my wedding.  They have a sample policy on their website so you can see exactly what is covered and what is not (and how it actually applies).  In the grand scheme of things, paying a few hundred bucks was worth it for the peace of mind that I will have at least some coverage in the event a hurricane hits, or one of us (or an immediate family member) suddenly became ill, etc. 

I seem to remember Travelers excluded residents of LA from buying their policies, but since I am a resident of Texas I could buy it.  You might pay close attention to that when shopping around. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a mid October wedding and considered it, but most of my vendors agreed to reschedule at a time convenient for all in the event of a hurricane.

Check with your honeymoon destination too.  We're going to the Keys and all of our hotels also had hurricane policies.
  • Options
    well, i cant figure out what they cover and what they don't. It said, for instance, 35.000 but then had a break down for the band, the photographer, etc. yea i guess i need to talk to the Board of Trade first and foremost and see if they'll let me reschedule in the event of a hurricane.

I hadnt even thought of going through a regular insurance company. i will call STate Farm (who my car and house are through) and see if they have anything to say about it.

the only vendor i know said she wouldnt be able to reschedule was the florist, which makes sense, she'll already had purchsed the flowers...

I DID get full out insurance on our honeymoon! we're going to Hawaii but i didnt want to take and chances.

thanks ladies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I got married in early October last year and never even gave insurance a thought. I did watch the hurricane center like a hawk. I'd check to see what your vendor policies are regarding hurricanes and then go from there. If they all will accommodate you at a later date in the event that there is a storm (crossing my fingers for you that there won't be), then I wouldn't worry about it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards