North Carolina-Outer Banks

caterer

I am doing a reception right at our rental home. We would like to do BBQ and/or seafood, but we would like to keep it cheap.
We only need drop off and set up.
Are any of you having this style of catering? Who are you using?

Re: caterer

• LinGarrett83LinGarrett83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Black Pelican.  We're using them for our rehearsal dinner and doing the BBQ package.  I heard they are one of the best.  My parents ate at the restaurant a few years ago and loved the food. :)
  • edited December 2011

We used Red Sky in Duck.  They were amazing to work with.  They did our rehearsal and wedding.  We had them cater the event and alcohol but I do not believe you have to do that.  We choose a BBQ style for rehearsal and more seafood for the wedding.  Our guest are still talking about how good the food was.   

I would use them again in a heart beat.

• edited December 2011
    We are exploring caterers as well. So far Red Sky seems to be in the lead. The unfortunate part is that it seems like no one does it all...as far as tables, linens, dishware...

I do hear that High Cotton is top notch for BBQ...
  • kolaughlin23kolaughlin23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice!
  • RyanMoserRyanMoser member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out www.beachballBBQ.com and www.11thHourEvents.com

both specialize in amazing BBQ!!
  • princesskmpprincesskmp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At the wedding expo I fell in love with Currituck BBQ's food.  Their beef brisket was absolutel delicious.  I am going down in March for a tasting of their other offerings because I would like to use them for our rehearsal dinner.  Their pricing seems reasonable and I know they offer drop off service as well as full service catering.  I also saw another review of their food in here somewhere.

I also tried High Cotton's BBQ at the expo and was not thrilled about it and I specifically sought them out.

Throughout the expo, I also heard that Red Sky is a top notch operation and I did like what I tasted at their booth as well.  To me, if the food is good in an environment like that, it can only be better when it is prepared for your event.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow you girls have been soooo helpful. I thought I had searched high and low for all my options, but I have gotten several ideas from you all.
    Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend currituck bbq! they are the best! Paul is just a great guy to work with for any occasion and the food it great. I was at a wedding where he cooked the pig right there and let everyone decide how they wanted their sandwich. A lot of people were crowded around the pig cooker stealing slices of meat off.
  • sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The best BBQ I've had in OBX was from Pigman's BBQ. I know, name sounds funny but they are terrific.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • chrisieaustinchrisieaustin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Currituck BBQ for our rehearsal.  Great food and great guys to work with!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Currituck BBQ.... Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow this was helpful for me also.  I am having a good old southern bbq reception and the house and this helps me pick a great bbq place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards