40-Plus Brides

SPIKE~!

Is that a blueberry I see?

Re: SPIKE~!

• I saw that yesterday and it did not even register in my brain...

How exciting for you guys--Congratulations!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have my sigs turned off, but for one brief second I am able to see the first few of each thread.

Mags, how you been?  How's married life?
  • Spike, that is such happy news.  A coworker just told me she was 5 weeks today.  Must be something in the water.  Oh, and Happy Birthday!!

Marin, married life is good now that I am actually spending time in the same house with my husband.  My mother, who had a stroke almost three years ago, was able to make it to the wedding in January.  However, when she returned home her health went steadily downhill.  She passed peacefully in late April with my Dad with her.  I spent most of those months driving back and forth to Georgia to be with my dad and support him and help him be with Mom.  She is in a much better place now and although I know my dad misses her terribly (they celebrated their 50th in December) he is thankful she is at peace.  Mr. Mags and I are enjoying life and making some plans for a few years down the road.  We want to sell our respective houses and get one that is ours.  He is in school getting his bachelors--thank goodness for the GI bill.  The poops are all good and the Texas heat is upon us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats Spike!  That is soooo exciting!  Hope all goes well.
    Anniversary
  • Great news Spike!  Best of luck.

Mags - sorry about your mom :(

Nothing much new here.  We lost our little Bo Cat (avatar) to cancer. :(
  • Woo hoo - now a raspberry!

I picked up Willy Wonka (the original) and watched it this weekend with my kids - when the part about Violet becoming the blueberry came on, Spike and her blueberry popped into my head,  LOL! 

That is so sweet about Mr. Spike. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards