DC
Options

Help with location for engagement party

I am not throwing the party for my self, but my sisters asked me since I am the one who is planning the wedding myself, where could they throw my engagement party. I am looking at close to 100 guests or so. They were thinking of a casual party, not so casual that its a someone's house, but casual enough so that it does not require a hotel or country club. Maybe a Hall of some sort.

Any suggestions so I can pass the word along to my sisters? I think that's the only input I'll have but I'm excited b/c it's starting to become real. I don't know if anyone else feels like this.

Anyhoo! We are thinking of places in Springfield/Lorton/Woodbridge Area.

Any Ideas?

Thanks Ladies.
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help with location for engagement party

• Options
    LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you rent a bar or a private room at a restaurant? I know there are some in Bethesda, MD, right outside DC that allow you to rent out entire rooms... on the low-end there's Union Jack's, mid-range Black Finn, high end Redwood. I'm sure there are restaurants where you live that you could do that.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about maybe a community room at a friend's apartment complex?  I know my building rents ours to residents for free (well, a refundable check that they don't ever cash) and it's a really nice room.  Maybe you can find sometihng like that?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks.. I just thought about that too!
    LilySlim Fitness goals tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards