Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Unique use for mom's dress?

I'm not using my mother's wedding dress as part of my dress, but I would still like to use it in my wedding somehow. Has anyone found a creative use of the old dress? Maybe as part of the hair accessory, etc? Maybe as nothing wearable, just decorative?

Re: Unique use for mom's dress?

• Options

My friend took lace off of the dress and is wrapping it in/around her boquet, pinning some inside her gown, and had a seamstress make a garter out of it (there's a lot of lace.)

• Options
    What type of material do you have?  Depending on what you have to work with, maybe a veil, hairpiece, applique or lace you could add to your dress, have a bolero/shrug made, etc.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2012
    We used my mother's wedding gown to cover our unity candle table.She draped the skirt over the top of the table and pinned the bodice inside the  dress.  I will have to see if I can find some pics.

ROCK IS KING!!
  • Options
    I am using my moms veil because I didnt want to wear her dress (its very nms and dated), that might be easier to incorporate then trying to find something to do with the dress?

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    My mom cut hers up and made me a purse to carry, it was the buttons from down the back. Then she added ribbon roses in mt wedding colors.
  • Options
    All brilliant ideas!
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    I've been taking pieces of lace from my mother's dress to use.  Since it was a VERY 80s dress, there's lots to work with, lol.

I'm tying my bouquet in the lace and will most likely add it to the flowergirl baskets (I have two girls) and maybe in a clutch.  It's my "something old" and the only stipulation is that I have to leave some lace for my sister, should she get married.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I'm planning on using fabric and trim from my mom's dress to make a wrap for my bouquet!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am using the lace from my mom's hat on my veil and wearing her dress for my last dance dress.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm planning on altering my mom's dress and wearing it for the rehearsal dinner :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards